Does anyone else has Predator like mentality, like Fedor

DoctorsStoppage

Tell them it was a
Banned
Reaction score
The fight starts, you see Fedor is locked on his target, closing in in KO range and ready to incapacitate his victim. No gameplan, no hit and run, no tactics, no strategy. Everything is happening now, the situation is going to unravel any second, no round 2, round 3 delays, no judges, so don't blink. This is the ultimate predator behaviour, which has only one purpose in mind, its not backing down. You know its going to end quickly. Now, Fedor has huge chin issues in the past 10 years, so sometimes he falls victim, its kill or be killed with him.

a3c43df143e0451c17f8b0a78f781cd2.gif

I've always had the feeling that Fedor knows his hand speed is epic for HW, and no HW has anywhere close to his hand speed.. so he knows if he blitz's guys and is aggressive and lets go that most of the time they can't withstand it.. even MW/LHW guys like Rampage and Sonnen said Fedor's hands were so fast and they didn't know what hit them

I believe this is the main reason why he tries to blitz and throws barrages from early on

Lots of guys. But for most of them it doesn't work out that well.

Fedor's (former) chin and hand speed have afforded him the luxury of being successful with that risky style.

Also his threat of ground game helps, as it gives opponents something else to worry about. And he throws punches from unorthodox angles

Even if you're a Fedor hater, have to give props for his all in fighting style.

Fedor's (former) chin and hand speed have afforded him the luxury of being successful with that risky style.

Also his threat of ground game helps, as it gives opponents something else to worry about. And he throws punches from unorthodox angles

It wasn't just his chin. From 2004 to 2010, he was statistically the least hit fighter in all of MMA. His defense was ridiculous, footwork, his interval/cadence/ma-ai were something else.

It wasn't just his chin. From 2004 to 2010, he was statistically the least hit fighter in all of MMA. His defense was ridiculous, footwork, his interval/cadence/ma-ai were something else.
That's fair. He got much more wreckless later in his career when he seemed to prefer head hunting.

Early on he was a monster and had really creative entries, deceptive rhythm, feints, level changes etc.

I'll admit to having allowed his later career tendencies to influence my opinion.

I think you're talking about the tiger blood. Anderson Silva has it in him.

Last edited:
That's fair. He got much more wreckless later in his career when he seemed to prefer head hunting.

Early on he was a monster and had really creative entries, deceptive rhythm, feints, level changes etc.

I'll admit to having allowed his later career tendencies to influence my opinion.
Seems like he started having to rely on his power because his speed, and reflexes were going away as he got older

And I think he broke his hands a lot because of that. Not sure what that has to do with anything then I guess proving he was willing to take those risks to unorthodox and it paid off…buuuut. Father Time, ya know

Back