Chris Daukaus

I think he’s a legit prospect and has a better than decent chance against Lewis.

I’m on his nuts. I think after reading his combat history, we may have another Josh Burnett on our hands.
The Egg booked him a big fight.
Yeah I've been a pretty big fan. This Lewis fight is a great chance for him to climb the rankings. Is there a Daukaus hype train? If there is, I have boarded it

I don't think he will have anything for Gane or Ngannou but he's looking like a legit talent.

Seriously pumped on this guy too.
He just goes in there and KO's people
Like a boss.
iu

Last edited:
He better learn some body shots cuz Lewis will beat him in the head hunting war. Unless Gane totally broke Lewis spirit

I want Daukus vs Aspinall.

That's the fight I want to see too. But apparently, Daukus is on a faster track than Aspinall at the moment. So, we may have to wait a bit for a fight between the two of them to materialize. But it's such an attractive fight I have to think it will be made eventually.

Yeah I've been a pretty big fan. This Lewis fight is a great chance for him to climb the rankings. Is there a Daukaus hype train? If there is, I have boarded it
I'm the conductor .
Js

Big fan and have been for a while, but I suspect he matches up poorly with guys like Lewis and Rozenstruik. His grappling is also largely untested other than Oleinik briefly getting in on him before Daukaus stuffed the TD, worked his way out of the clinch, and knocked him the fuck out.

That being said, Chris's boxing looks great (again, when he isn't facing a patient counter-striker). Stupid hand speed and bricks for fists. Good footwork and appears to have very solid conditioning thus far.

Last edited:
I kind of think this dude keeps getting fighters at the perfect time. I'm still not 100% sold and think he'll be found out. However if he does the same thing to Derrick Lewis I'm prepared to eat my words.

I kind of think this dude keeps getting fighters at the perfect time. I'm still not 100% sold and think he'll be found out. However if he does the same thing to Derrick Lewis I'm prepared to eat my words.

That's my stance, too.

If he beats Lewis, I'll fully stand up and take notice. He's definitely pretty good, maybe more, but I still see this as being a major purple patch in his previously unremarkable MMA career. He'll either go onto prove me massively wrong against Lewis, or Lewis breaks his streak and he settles into top 10-15 ranks for the majority of his UFC career.

Maybe the beard created an illusion but has he started to fill out his frame a bit better?

Daukaus is the real deal and when he knocks Lewis out the doubters will realise this. He's 4-0 in the UFC, 4 (T)KOs, 3 1st round and 1 2nd round finishes. Which reminds me of Carwin.

Aspinall is also 4-0 in the UFC with 4 finishes, 3 1st round and 1 2nd round so I see a collision in their future.

He looked good but not as impressive as Aspinall (or Gane obviously).
A bit undersized to compete against the big boys, 231lbs with some tummy fluff left might become a limitation at some point.

Back