Next TUF coaches? Bring back legends?

DestinedAussie

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It was good to see TUF back, but I think Volk and Ortega weren't exactly great for the cameras. Make me wonder are there any good matchups which would bring the drama TUF has been known for.

Obviously Khabib v Conor would have been the dream but that isn't going to happen.
Sterling v Yan could be good now that fight is delayed (I don't think Yan's minimal english would be a problem)
Jones v Francis (both seem to like a bit of drama and being a bit silly)
O'Malley v someone ranked (maybe not experienced enough)
Izzy v Bobby (Izzy likes the camera and Bobby would be a good foil)
Colby v Usman (colby would carry)

What is the next TUF series to make?

I also though it would be awesome for each coach to get a legend to support them. It would be a good way to get people that made their name in the UFC back on the TV. For example Volk and Ortega could have Serra and Koscheck (randomly picked 2 examples) as assistants for the whole series, not just the random guest appearances they have.

The only TUF I'd watch would be with ex-UFC fighters (like the year Serra won).
It produced one of the greatest upsets in mma history and gave a chance to pioneers.

I get the feeling both are horrid coaches.
Nate Diaz is very team oriented and is known fir being a good teammate, which can be a good quality to have on top of his long and storied career. Masvidal as we all know had and still has a great career, I’m not privy to how he his as a teammate or coach, but somehow I don’t think he would be anywhere near horrid as a coach
On top of their personality and popularity, I just don’t see how it wouldn’t work

I hate that show. When you hear that 2 fighters are gonna be on it, that means they aren't fighting for like 9 months after the announcement. And a lot of times one of them gets injured.

So I guess my vote would be for 2 fighters that are irrelevant or shitty, so I don't care about them.

While all those would be nice, the reality is we'll probably get something like Valentina x can fighter
If doostin wins the belt bet money they try to get him on tuf vs Chandler or gay cheese
They love delaying the title for that shit show

It be interesting to see Paul Costa and Israel adesanya as TUF coaches. That if Costa wins his next match and Israel change his mind about coaching in TUF. It would be good for Israel and his team if they plan to move to states to show case their training.

I'd like to see them do a season for men's strawweight, winner gets an inaugural title. There's enough talent floating around out there that they could do it. Coaches could be the Figueredo/Moreno III winner vs Pantoja.

Back