• Total voters

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update:

Translated:

"With Ngannou X Gane on the January PPV, UFC is now close to closing the February 12 rematch between Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker at UFC 271. Jacob Malkoun (Whittaker's training partner) fight AJ Dobson has been transferred to same date."

Last edited:
Bobby is an exceptional fighter. He's earned his way back to that title shot. He's ducked no one and fought everyone they've given him, even on short notice. He's also a top notch person, and someone that's easy to root for.

All that said, he's going to have fight the best fight of his life to beat Izzy here. He's going to have to try to wrestle. Not throw his ridiculous overhands that leave him open to counters. He'll need to tie Izzy up. He'll have to be less aggressive. I don't know if it'll be enough. Everyone is seemingly down on Izzy after his loss to Jan, but at 185 he's beaten everyone. His TDD is proven there. He is content to pick you apart slowly or counter you. Bobby is good enough to win, I just don't think he will.

I think this fight will be a lot closer and more competitive compared to their first fight.

I still give it to Izzy though.

While I think this fight is gonna be close, I bet with my heart. Izzy grew on me over time, but I really want Bobby to get the belt back.

Money's on Bobby. He just has to be a bit better on defense and mix in a wrestling threat. Bareman seems worried about matching up with him IMO and Izzy will be training in the US from now on so might be some external factors for his fight prep

Money's on Bobby. He just has to be a bit better on defense and mix in a wrestling threat. Bareman seems worried about matching up with him IMO and Izzy will be training in the US from now on so might be some external factors for his fight prep

I hope you're right.

{<redford}

Shame they won't be able to hold it in Australia again. Hopefully Whittaker has a better showing than last time.

Bobby is an exceptional fighter. He's earned his way back to that title shot. He's ducked no one and fought everyone they've given him, even on short notice. He's also a top notch person, and someone that's easy to root for.

All that said, he's going to have fight the best fight of his life to beat Izzy here. He's going to have to try to wrestle. Not throw his ridiculous overhands that leave him open to counters. He'll need to tie Izzy up. He'll have to be less aggressive. I don't know if it'll be enough. Everyone is seemingly down on Izzy after his loss to Jan, but at 185 he's beaten everyone. His TDD is proven there. He is content to pick you apart slowly or counter you. Bobby is good enough to win, I just don't think he will.
Idk man, Rob can definitely stand with Izzy as well. Definitely use his wrestling to mix in looks but he's made some great improvements that can give Izzy problems. Specifically in the pocket, his boxing reached a new level in the KG fight. Foot work on point, hands glued to face, excellent defensive footwork, patented jab on display, and a left hook that couldn't miss. He just needs to stop lunging in on his entries, and I'm sure he will with his improved boxing. Don't be surprised to see Rob slip into the pocket.

Rob has definitely been working for this fight specifically and I hope I get to watch the results of that work live.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, still rolling with my boy, but I have a lot of respect for Rob. He was my favorite MW before Izzy debuted.

Thank god, Izzy is probably gonna smoke him cause its a bad matchup for rob but im looking forward to it .
War Whittaker

Izzy crumples sherdogs most beloved fighter again via superior striking and elite TDD at 185.

stylebender-goat-middleweight-champ-stylebender.gif

Last edited:
Idk man, Rob can definitely stand with Izzy as well. Definitely use his wrestling to mix in looks but he's made some great improvements that can give Izzy problems. Specifically in the pocket, his boxing reached a new level in the KG fight. Foot work on point, hands glued to face, excellent defensive footwork, patented jab on display, and a left hook that couldn't miss. He just needs to stop lunging in on his entries, and I'm sure he will with his improved boxing. Don't be surprised to see Rob slip into the pocket.

Rob has definitely been working for this fight specifically and I hope I get to watch the results of that work live.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, still rolling with my boy, but I have a lot of respect for Rob. He was my favorite MW before Izzy debuted.

I hope I'm wrong, lol. Seriously.

"UFC is close to finalizing the rematch between Israel Adesanya and Robert Whittaker for the middleweight belt for UFC 270, on January 22, in a venue to be defined."

"The rematch between Israel Adesanya and Robert Whittaker already has a date to happen. Combate sources close to the UFC confirmed that there is a verbal agreement between the parties to carry out the duel, validating the middleweight belt currently held by Adesanya, at UFC 270, on January 22, 2022, in a location yet to be confirmed. Contracts have not yet been signed."

"The two Oceania-based fighters faced each other for the first time on October 5, 2019, at UFC 243 in Melbourne, Australia, in a bout that broke the company's attendance record with 57,127 attendees. At the time, the Australian Whittaker was the linear middleweight champion, but was knocked out in the second round by Adesanya."

Full story here: https://ge.globo.com/combate/notici...-e-whittaker-para-22-de-janeiro-de-2022.ghtml

-----
UFC 270 - January 22, 2022, venue TBD

Event card (so far):
  • Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker
  • Jared Cannonier vs. Derek Brunson
  • Greg Hardy vs. Alexey Oleynik
  • Jacob Malkoun vs. AJ Dobson

So we might have a card with Izzy/Whittaker 2, Ngannou/Gane, and Cannonier/Brunson? That's a 10/10 main card already IMO just for the "holy shit" factor!

Rooting for Whittaker since he's one of my top 5 favorite fighters... but I think Izzy wins again :(

Whittaker gets obliterated again

Smart Robert beats Izzy
Stupid raging autistic Robert gets sent to the shadow realm and deserves it too. Can't imagine he comes out with a worse game plan than the first fight. He's probably my favorite active fighter, so I'm pulling hard for him. But he's definitely fighting an uphill battle. But if anyone can adapt and put a clinic on it's that guy. So I believe in him

Izzy kind of made it look hopeless for Rob last time. Getting real Rich vs Anderson vibes from this rivalry

Back