Shevchenko or Nunes - Who do you rank higher on the GOAT List?

Who do you rank higher on the GOAT List?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even though Amanda beaten her twice, I'd say Valentina.

hi-res-31f7fa09fb88dfad9320dd17e7d6779d_crop_north.jpg

Last edited:
I would say Schev is more skilled but Nunes is more accomplished so I would pick Nunes as much as it pains me to say it because I really like Val and I think she is GOAT in terms of skills.

Valentina Shevchenko is clearly a lot more skilled and has just as many defenses (only counting 1 division), in much more dominant fashion

There's no argument for Nunes

Pound-for-pound I put Bullet a shade ahead of the Lioness.

Valentina is 22-3, Nunes is 21-4.

Their resumes say it all. Sorry, but being the more “attractive” doesn’t count.

When Shevchenko beats everybody on Amanda’s resume. And then beats her 3 straight in a best out of 5. That’s when I’ll call her the GOAT. Until then it’s a silly question, and non-starter.

Their resumes say it all. Sorry, but being the more “attractive” doesn’t count.

When Shevchenko beats everybody on Amanda’s resume. And then beats her 3 straight in a best out of 5. That’s when I’ll call her the GOAT. Until then it’s a silly question, and non-starter.

Who said anything about attractiveness?

pound 4 pound shev is better

i also think she won the second fight. but even it was a draw or split for nunes, that is in shev's favor because she is alot smaller.

both of them are in terribly shallow divisions so title defenses aren't really a good marker. But nunes did beat cyborg. on the flip side her standup looked like garbage against GDR.

I consider Schev to be the slightly better fighter in terms of pound for pound well rounded skill set.

But there is no argument who has the better resume, that is Amanda. She has WMMA mount rushmore on her kill list.

Schev could eventually pass her, especially if she can win the bantamweight belt off Nunes, but she has a ways to go to build her resume first.

Who said anything about attractiveness?
That’s exactly what I’m assuming anybody voting for Shevchenko is doing. Because her resume simply doesn’t back up that claim.

They actually fought eachother. That’s as far as you need to go to decide who is better. Then the rest of their resumes don’t even compare.

You tell me what else it could be. I’ve been reading here for over 3 years. I think I have a pretty good handle on the pulse of the average Sherdogger’s views of wmma.

That’s exactly what I’m assuming anybody voting for Shevchenko is doing. Because her resume simply doesn’t back up that claim.

They actually fought eachother. That’s as far as you need to go to decide who is better. Then the rest of their resumes don’t even compare.

You tell me what else it could be. I’ve been reading here for over 3 years. I think I have a pretty good handle on the pulse of the average Sherdogger’s views of wmma.

Nunes is like how much pounds bigger than Schevchenko is when they fought? Valentina also I believe won her second fight with Nunes, it's really 1-1 in my eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back