Is Beneil Dariush not fighting again this year? Do a title eliminator with Islam!

Their doing Gaethje versus Chandler already as a title eliminator if I’m not mistaken, #5 Islam against #3 Dariush would make sense if the aforementioned fight wasn’t happening. Time wise it just doesn’t make sense because both guys would likely still be a win away from the TS regardless, unless one of them has an unbelievable performance, in which case I could actually see that fighter jumping que... Dana has done sleazeier things lol, but that’s a risky fight to take on only a possiblity of getting a clear way to the champ.

I think it's a shitty thing to think but I bet if someone heard Dana say he doesn't like the idea of Dariush being champion it would be true. When Matt Brown was on a 7 fight winning streak Dana said the fans would have to want it, clearly not interested in giving him a title shot despite his win streak at the time. Beneil may end up getting the loser of Poirier/Oliveira for early Spring.

Let the man spend his time in Tesla with his wife, gee. But on serious note I don't think he stands a chance vs anyone in top 5. Fight with Hooker is the the most smart thing for him to do rn.

With RDA out let’s get it done!

Let’s go!

Dariush is trying to wait his way to a title, maybe come in last minute replacement

But its all highly unlikely hes gonna have to another fight. Lightweights too stacked

I've been really annoyed with this guy,

-Won't fight RDA cause they both train at Kings MMA
-Won't fight Gaethje cause they're friend
-Won't fight Islam cause OH NOES they're both managed by Ali!
-But he has no problem about talking about slipping into a title shot for beating a clearly washed Ferguson?

I dont know, he said he wanted to take the rest of the year out because he had a new baby, now he is talking to the Schmo saying he wants to be alternate for Poirier/oliveira. And Ali will never let his guys fight each other unless it's for a title shot. it's a mess.

-But he has no problem about talking about slipping into a title shot for beating a clearly washed Ferguson?

He's said he has no problem fighting Islam

Their doing Gaethje versus Chandler already as a title eliminator if I’m not mistaken, #5 Islam against #3 Dariush would make sense if the aforementioned fight wasn’t happening. Time wise it just doesn’t make sense because both guys would likely still be a win away from the TS regardless, unless one of them has an unbelievable performance, in which case I could actually see that fighter jumping que... Dana has done sleazeier things lol, but that’s a risky fight to take on only a possiblity of getting a clear way to the champ.
Chandler is 1-1 both Dariush and Makhachev are on 8 fights win streak why would they need a 10th win to fight for the belt when Chandler and Gaethje need 1

idt gaethje vs chandler is a title eliminator. Well at least it shouldn't be. Both got finished quick by their last opponents. They should be fighting each other to preserve their ranking. The winner of that fight needs another win to fight for the belt imo. I guess RDA would be a good option for the winner since RDA needs surgery.

Both Daruish and Islam should fight each other, with the winner getting the TS. While neither of them have many top wins, they have a long streak and neither have fought for the belt so it would be refreshing.

Hell fight Islam. Ali doesn't mind his guys fighting each other

Ali the rat is the worst thing that ever happened to the UFC

No, drunks and drug addicts are the problem with the sport. Nothing good will have come from McGregor or the Diaz boys in a few decades. That group was good for short term profits but bad for the evolution of MMA.

I'd be cool with Hooker vs Islam as a realistic option, most of the top seem to be fine not being super active and Hooker wants another fight asap, may as well let him be the measuring stick for Islam.

It be cool if Dariush steps in he did talk about fighting Islam after his last fight but he also wanted to come back in the new year.

Back