Jones's legacy may depend on Ciryl Gane

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
I honestly think Jones would have fought Stipe already if Stipe beat Ngannou and also think that Jones is genuinely scared of Ngannou.

giphy.gif

People say well that can't be true, but if you hear interviews from the bests like GSP, the pro fighters aren't some robots. They have feelings and emotions, it's not such a bad thing that they have fears and apprehensions about fighting someone, which is probably why prompted Jones to gain that much weight over an extended period of time.

Jones in my opinion is the most talented fighter that I've seen. However, Jones hasn't looked good in many years. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with USADA or not, tho it feels like it may have coincided with his decline of sort, but then again I think there was a head kick ko of Cormier mixed in somewhere too.

It's true that you can never count out a transcendent talent like Jon Jones, but I think Ngannou besmirches Jon Jones if they fight. No one knows if Jon Jones can turn back the clock when he hasn't looked good in years, and the other is I don't think it's a good match up for prime Jon Jones anyways, looking at the war he had with Gus.

I'm more inclined to believe Ciryl Gane has what it takes to beat Ngannou, but I think Jon Jones has much better chance against Ciryl than he does against Ngannou, though I think it's also a tough match up for Jones as well.

I have no doubt that Jones is working his butt off on his wrestling as he's gaining weight. I'd think the primary reason for him gaining that massive weight is probably to help him hold people down. His top game used to be vicious, his wrestling impeccable, which we haven't really seen in years.

I happen to think Jones loses to both Ciryl and Ngannou, but has much better chance against Ciryl who I think has everything it takes to outclass Ngannou. Even if he does lose, I think it would be much better to lose to Gane than Ngannou too.

I have yet to see someone decline like Jones did and come off a extended lay off and turn back the clock and show a performance that's comparable to his peak years, in the history of this game. I doubt Jones will be the first.

However, if I'm Jones, I'm praying in his jail cell that Gane beats Ngannou as his legacy largely may depend on who wins that fight. What's left of it anyways.

I truely have no idea wtf Bones trying to do with his career,he could at least make 10 million but he chose not to fight his prime for 2 years

i guess we’ll see. or not.

Jones' legacy is pretty much set aside from any other outside of the cage transgressions that might happen in the future. If he got knocked out by Francis and Gane, I don't think it changes the perception of him at all, except to people that want to dump on him more anyway.

Jones' legacy is pretty much set aside from any other outside of the cage transgressions that might happen in the future. If he got knocked out by Francis and Gane, I don't think it changes the perception of him at all, except to people that want to dump on him more anyway.
Jon Jones absolutley sucks.

I honestly think Jones would have fought Stipe already if Stipe beat Ngannou and also think that Jones is genuinely scared of Ngannou.

giphy.gif

People say well that can't be true, but if you hear interviews from the bests like GSP, the pro fighters aren't some robots. They have feelings and emotions, it's not such a bad thing that they have fears and apprehensions about fighting someone, which is probably why prompted Jones to gain that much weight over an extended period of time.

Jones in my opinion is the most talented fighter that I've seen. However, Jones hasn't looked good in many years. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with USADA or not, tho it feels like it may have coincided with his decline of sort, but then again I think there was a head kick ko of Cormier mixed in somewhere too.

It's true that you can never count out a transcendent talent like Jon Jones, but I think Ngannou besmirches Jon Jones if they fight. No one knows if Jon Jones can turn back the clock when he hasn't looked good in years, and the other is I don't think it's a good match up for prime Jon Jones anyways, looking at the war he had with Gus.

I'm more inclined to believe Ciryl Gane has what it takes to beat Ngannou, but I think Jon Jones has much better chance against Ciryl than he does against Ngannou, though I think it's also a tough match up for Jones as well.

I have no doubt that Jones is working his butt off on his wrestling as he's gaining weight. I'd think the primary reason for him gaining that massive weight is probably to help him hold people down. His top game used to be vicious, his wrestling impeccable, which we haven't really seen in years.

I happen to think Jones loses to both Ciryl and Ngannou, but has much better chance against Ciryl who I think has everything it takes to outclass Ngannou. Even if he does lose, I think it would be much better to lose to Gane than Ngannou too.

I have yet to see someone decline like Jones did and come off a extended lay off and turn back the clock and show a performance that's comparable to his peak years, in the history of this game. I doubt Jones will be the first.

However, if I'm Jones, I'm praying in his jail cell that Gane beats Ngannou as his legacy largely may depend on who wins that fight. What's left of it anyways.
Not reading all that shit. You just hate Jones. His legacy is fine. He's miles ahead of anyone in GOAT talks. His combination of skill and technique makes his physical attributes all that more overwhelming to his opponents. Cope

Jones loses to both Gane and Ngannou. I think the wrestling part is kind of moot since I don't think Jon can get either down to the ground.

Here we are talking about a man who wouldn't even fight DC at HW and he's beat him twice already.

Jon isn't coming back unless he gets tossed a pile of cash to make it worth getting knocked out and that affecting his legacy. Basically I think Jon is retired.

Jones loses to both Gane and Ngannou. I think the wrestling part is kind of moot since I don't think Jon can get either down to the ground.

Here we are talking about a man who wouldn't even fight DC at HW and he's beat him twice already.

Jon isn't coming back unless he gets tossed a pile of cash to make it worth getting knocked out and that affecting his legacy. Basically I think Jon is retired.

I really think fat Cormier is better than LHW Cormier, by a LOT.

Too bad Cormier didn't hold out for a rematch at HW. But then again he had zero leverage.

The image of Jon Jones laying dead in the middle of the Octagon will definitely affect people's view of him. If Jon is smart he retires since we do know he cares a shit ton about his legacy. One thing he has over the haters is them never seeing him knocked out or subbed.

Last edited:
The image of Jon Jones laying dead in the middle of the Octagon will definitely affect people's view of him. If Jon is smart he retires since we do know he cares a shit ton about his legacy. One thing he has over the haters is them never seeing him knocked out or subbed.

Haters are going to hate. I don't think it matters.

Jones is one of the GOATs but with multiple failed drug tests. This is his legacy.

Opposite

Casuals overrate the effect of steroids. 2 bad losses and they will look at his record and say he ducked HW, was a drug cheat and then finally lost at HW

Opposite

Casuals overrate the effect of steroids. 2 bad losses and they will look at his record and say he ducked HW, was a drug cheat and then finally lost at HW

I'm not worried about casuals.

gane has has bigger chance to beat jones than francis and honestly there wouldn t no shame in loosing to gane the guy is way too good

Back