Brian Campbell from Morning Kombat scored Round 3 for Ortega in Volkanovski fight

khabib-vs-mc-gregor-conor-mc-gregor.gif
BlondCompetentDromedary-size_restricted.gif

I disagree but thats not at all a bad scorecard . Ortega almost finished Volk twice and a lot of MMA judges underscore sub attempts . Volk had like 30 seconds of ground and pound while Ortega had Volk in bad positions for minutes at a time(EDIT: sub attempts were actually a combined 49 seconds :oops:) . This is MMA its not just about striking .

Last edited:
He had Volk nearly finished twice. Rounds aren't scored by who is winning at the end of the round - just what happens IN the round. I can see someone giving it to Volk because Brian was also almost finished.

Volk was pieceing ortega up bad for the first half of the round, too, then the round ended with Ortega unable to stand.

I disagree but thats not at all a bad scorecard . Ortega almost finished Volk twice and a lot of MMA judges underscore sub attempts . Volk had like 30 seconds of ground and pound while Ortega had Volk in bad positions for minutes at a time . This is MMA its not just about striking .

What about the first 2 and half minutes of volk clearly beating the shit out of ortega on the feet?

I disagree but thats not at all a bad scorecard . Ortega almost finished Volk twice and a lot of MMA judges underscore sub attempts . Volk had like 30 seconds of ground and pound while Ortega had Volk in bad positions for minutes at a time . This is MMA its not just about striking .
You can definitely make an argument for an Ortega round, but you have to weigh in the fact Volkanovski had Ortega almost finished as well, Ortega was saved by the bell

You can definitely make an argument for an Ortega round, but you have to weigh in the fact Volkanovski had Ortega almost finished as well, Ortega was saved by the bell
I agree somewhat I would give it to Volk and he might've been saved by the bell for sure . I just think its a legit take to score for Ortega and its nice to see a boxing guy score subs haha

What about the first 2 and half minutes of volk clearly beating the shit out of ortega on the feet?
what about two minutes of Volk in a dominated position and almost being subbed ? lol and "beating the shit" is a little bit of an exaggeration . but again i scored it for Volk

He had Volk nearly finished twice. Rounds aren't scored by who is winning at the end of the round - just what happens IN the round. I can see someone giving it to Volk because Brian was also almost finished.
Big difference between "nearly finished" from a submission vs strikes

You get out of a sub and its like nothing happened (unless a broken arm which wasnt the case). Ortega health bar was damn near zero at the end of the round.

Advantage Volk

I don’t see how you can give that round to Ortega after he was left lying on his back in a bloody pulp at the end of it. This is a pretty bad take.

Not really. There are bad takes but this isn't one of them. Ortega came super close to finishing TWICE in that round.

I don't know who won the third round, I wouldn't complain either way, but I can see why someone would give that to Ortega. That sub would've put away 95 percent of UFC fighters regardless of weight classes.

Back