Only two GOAT candidates never had an interim title issued.

Fioretti

Beef
@Silver
Reaction score
giphy.gif

The longest Anderson Silva went without defending his title was 364 days between defending against Chael the second time, and defending against Weidman. He stepped up to 205 to face Bonnar in between. The second longest he ever went without defending his title was 357 days between defending vs Leites and Maia, in which he (again) went up to 205 in between these fights. He never went a year without defending his title, despite moving up to 205 in between title fights 3 times. As the longest reigning champion in UFC history, this is one hell of a feat and often goes overlooked in GOAT discussions. 2,457 days as champ without an interim title issued.

demetrius-johnson.gif

The longest DJ ever went without defending his title was 225 days between defending against Cejudo and Elliot. That's less than 8 months over a record setting 13 straight FLW victories with 11 title defenses. As the second longest reigning champion in UFC history, this is also one hell of a feat and often goes overlooked in GOAT discussions. 2,142 days as champ without an interim title issued.

Jones, Fedor, Aldo, and GSP have all had interim titles issued during their reigns, for one reason or another.

R.693652816b3fa1958115172eda4ccd98

Spider Bless.

source.gif

Mouse Bless.

Last edited:
Like Jon Fitch who was as ripped as ever in his late 30s and actually got caught.

How is that I didn't catch you posting about it. Arent you the #1 p4p cringiest nerdiest fanboy in these boards? Let's be honest here.

I assume this is in response to a particular sad poster I have ignored? Let's try to stay on topic here, despite their efforts to detract the topic.

Spider Mouse Bless.

I get the sense todays Dana might well have booked an interim fight when Silva didnt seem very keen on fighting Weidman.

giphy.gif

The longest Anderson Silva went without defending his title was 364 days between defending against Chael the second time, and defending against Weidman. He stepped up to 205 to face Bonnar in between. The second longest he ever went without defending his title was 357 between defending vs Leites and Maia, in which he (again) went up to 205 in between these fights, and he never went a year without defending his title. As the longest reigning champion in UFC history, this is one hell of a feat and often goes overlooked in GOAT discussions.

demetrius-johnson.gif

The longest DJ ever went without defending his title was 225 days between defending against Cejudo and Elliot. That's less than 8 months over a record setting 13 straight FLW victories with 11 title defenses. As the second longest reigning champion in UFC history, this also one hell of a feat and often goes overlooked in GOAT discussions.

Jones, Fedor, Aldo, and GSP have all had interim titles issued during the reigns, for one reason or another.

R.693652816b3fa1958115172eda4ccd98

Spider Bless.

source.gif

Mouse Bless.
So your idea of losing your belt rather than stepping away and not losing is better in your weird world?

I get the sense todays Dana might well have booked an interim fight when Silva didnt seem very keen on fighting Weidman.

Well, there's a few things there to consider. First and foremost, Silva was contemplating retirement even before the Bonnar fight. He fought Bonnar on October 13th 2012. Then there was still talk of superfights with either Jon Jones or GSP. None of those came to fruition, so they booked the Weidman fight on March 13th 2013 - just 5 months after Silva's fight with Bonnar. Why would Dana have booked an interim title if they were trying to set up a Superfight with GSP for the MW title? Doesn't seem likely, my friend.

With Silva vs. Weidman Booked, Let's Bury Talk of Superfights Forever | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

How or why did you come to this conclusion? Where is the correlation, and what in the holy fuck are you talking about?
You seem to be on quite the defending spree.

So are you implying that the whole post is irrelevant or that the title isn't intended to be a plot implying that they never vacated the belt?

Who cares about all the bullshit metrics or PEDs , its about who you beat and how you beat them, thats IT when it comes to defining the MT. Rushmore of MMA . So by that yes Silva and DJ are GOATS especially DJ ;)
we all know this though, if people didnt fanboy or cry about things that dont matter it wouldnt be that hard to define the greatest fighters of all time

Ah yes, Anderson, the weakest of the 4 kings (GSP, Fedor, Jones and lastly Anderson himself)

False. This also has nothing to do with the fact that he and DJ never had interim titles issued during their reigns.
You're just using dumb metric to try to hype silva goat claim. It's painfully obvious.

And yes silva competition is weaker than Aldo, Gsp, and Jones.

Anderson best wins: Franklin 2x, Vitor, Griffin, Nate, Okami, and Hendo.

Aldo best wins: Edgar 2x, Mendes 2x, Moicano, Korean zombie, Chito, Munhoz, Faber, Matt brown, and Lamas.

GSP best wins: Koscheck 2x, Hughes 2x, Alves, Fitch, Shield, Bisping, Diaz, and Condit.

Jones best wins: Cormier 2x, Gustafsson 2x, Shogun,Machida, Rampage, Glover, Santos, Rashad, and Bader.

You seem to be on quite the defending spree.

So are you implying that the whole post is irrelevant or that the title isn't intended to be a plot implying that they never vacated the belt?

Interim titles aren't issue when someone vacates. It becomes a vacant title when vacated. Are you new? The title isn't implying anything, it's stating a fact, followed by the numbers supporting the fact. Defending spree? Nah, man, just trying to sift through the butthurt fanboyisms, tears, and shit spewing by the typical users who are offended at the accomplishments and accolades of anyone other than their favey. Is normal.

Last edited:
Interim titles aren't issue when someone vacates. It becomes a vacant title when vacated. Are you new? The title is implying anything, it's stating a fact, followed by the numbers supporting the fact. Defending spree? Nah, man, just trying to sift through the butthurt fanboyisms, tears, and shit spewing by the typical users who are offended at the accomplishments and accolades of anyone other than their favey. Is normal.
So what's you point in the title and the post in general? Nothing? Yes, nothing.

You're just using dumb metric to try to hype silva goat claim. It's painfully obvious.

And yes silva competition is weaker than Aldo, Gsp, and Jones.

Anderson best wins: Franklin 2x, Vitor, Griffin, Nate, Okami, and Hendo.

Aldo best wins: Edgar 2x, Mendes 2x, Moicano, Korean zombie, Chito, Munhoz, Faber, Matt brown, and Lamas.

GSP best wins: Koscheck 2x, Hughes 2x, Alves, Fitch, Shield, Bisping, Diaz, and Condit.

Jones best wins: Cormier 2x, Gustafsson 2x, Shogun,Machida, Rampage, Glover, Santos, Rashad, and Bader.

Ah yes, Anderson, the weakest of the 4 kings (GSP, Fedor, Jones and lastly Anderson himself)

All three of you are whining and crying. You can't even stay on topic. How come?

The two guys with the longest title reigns in history never had an interim title issued in over 2,000 days of being champ. If that somehow bothers you or makes you nervous, that just means you have some issues you should probably deal with on a personal level. It's a nice statistical fact that often goes overlooked. It means they never had long layoffs between fights and were always actively defending their titles. It's a good thing, and you shouldn't feel attacked because one of (or all) your favey fighters aren't able to make the same claim. It's ok. You'll be alright. Your favey will still be alright. Helax, girls.

So what's you point in the title and the post in general? Nothing? Yes, nothing.

The point is that the two longest reigning champions in history never had interim titles issued during their reigns. They were actively defending their titles and never had a long enough layoff for there to have to be an interim champion. It means exactly what it says. Why does it anger you so?

TS is a silva fanboy. He will try to use every metric that favor silva to hype his goat claim.

Mirko is my favorite fighter, buddeh. I don't have to hype my favorite fighter. I'm realistic about accomplishments. DJ is far from my favorite, even though I respect, acknowledge, and admire all of his greatness.

Back