If Aljo Ended Up Beating Yan (Legitimately) In The Rematch...

bogeyj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
would that be the greatest troll of all time (that a fighter did to another fighter)?

-win the belt by DQ
-deny him a rematch
-get forced into a rematch and then fake an injury to make him wait
-become the longest reigning BW champion by not doing shit <{outtahere}>

by the time the match actually happens Yan is going to be so furious he might fight out of character. if Aljo actually ends up winning, especially by finish, that would be one of the funniest things of all time.<Grimes01>

Aljo has a chance to become the greatest troll the fight game has ever seen. the amount of salty tears on Sherdog alone would make it worth it <GinJuice>WAR ALJO!

I'm not a Funkmaster fan, but I do agree that would be some hilarious trolling!

It'll be hard to top the Domin8tor's reign of inactivity as champ, though.

Then I hope they make an interim title asap so Aljo can either fight or get stripped and end this nonsense reign.

I wish he would actually fight and win.

the pulling out is annoying and makes me dislike him.

TBH the longer Aljo stalls, the funnier this whole situation actually becomes.

I could just imagine Yan fuming when he heard the news of Aljo pulling out <45>

71304418.jpg

Honestly this is the UFC's fault. They should've made an interim title months ago and given Aljo a realistic timeline to heal and fight. Dude is recovering from neck surgery. They should've done Yan vs TJ for the interim belt.

That would have been hilarious. Sherdog meltdown od epic proportions

I expect it to happen. I honestly think Sterling's a better fighter.

Sterling won his belt by robbery but Yan's a paper champ too cause he beat Aldo to win his belt and arguably didn't deserve his title shot.

We have no idea who the best BW is at this time regardless of who be holding the actual belt so let's wait for this to play out.

Aljo will avoid fighting again at all costs until someone replaces Yan as the next in line.

MMA gods don't play. Aljo is going to beat Yan but in some weird fluke way or a razor close decision. It's gonna be grand.

What's more likely to happen here is that Yan will be more aggressive earlier in the fight. He's a slow starter in general but I believe he's going to want to punish Sterling and that's going to change the pace of the fight. He fought the same way against Aldo, let him be more aggressive early and then he turned up the volume and put a beating on him.

This time he comes out guns blasting.

Honestly this is the UFC's fault. They should've made an interim title months ago and given Aljo a realistic timeline to heal and fight. Dude is recovering from neck surgery. They should've done Yan vs TJ for the interim belt.
Dillashaw is injured

They could have made TJ vs Yan as an interim instead of TJ vs Sandhagen, but TJ really didn't deserve an immediate title shot after getting caught cheating and not fighting for two years.

Yes, and if Aljo became a world renowned computer scientist and found the answers to all the unsolved problems in physics and mathematics, then that would be a great success story.

However, both this and the scenario you brought up have similar odds of actually happening.

Back