Diaz Interviews

Azure

Sherdogology PhD.
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone else find it really weird the way that interviews with Olivi and the post fight were.

Seemed like he could not form coherent thoughts.. He seemed genuinely confused at how he ended up fighting.

A little scary.

Anyone else find it really weird the way that interviews with Olivi and the post fight were.

Seemed like he could not form coherent thoughts.. He seemed genuinely confused at how he ended up fighting.

A little scary.
He looked nervous and confused on the walkout and when the fight started. Add in a 100 punches from Robbie to the head.. it makes sense.

It did start coming back to him a little bit though In the cage after he ate some punches. Props to him

Honest question, since I didn't watch the video you speak of, TS. If you watch his hearing with NSAC, is he less incoherent 6 years ago?

https://www.google.com/search?q=nic...rome..69i57.4704j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I mean, his most famous interview ever (after the Gomi fight) wasn't exactly tracking from thought to thought in real time. Nor his interviews about why the Diego Sanchez fight offended him several years before that.

The guy just doesn't do well in front of a mike.

Last edited:
I said it when he was entering the cage and the names were being announced. This doesn't feel right. Nick doesn't look right. That stalking focused angry scowl wasn't there.

Honest question, since I didn't watch the video you speak of, TS. If you watch his hearing with NSAC, is he less incoherent 6 years ago?

https://www.google.com/search?q=nic...rome..69i57.4704j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I mean, his most famous interview ever (after the Gomi fight) wasn't exactly tracking from thought to thought in real time. Nor his interviews about why the Diego Sanchez fight offended him several years before that.

The guy just doesn't do well in front of a mike.

He's got social anxiety and this is well established. Kind of a nonsense thread since this is such common knowledge.

Add to the fact that he showed up a weight class overweight and still fought with his belly hanging over his shorts, likely 195lbs+, the guy did not have a fight camp. He needed or wanted a low risk fight he would get paid for, so thats what he did.

He's got social anxiety and this is well established. Kind of a nonsense thread since this is such common knowledge.

Add to the fact that he showed up a weight class overweight and still fought with his belly hanging over his shorts, likely 195lbs+, the guy did not have a fight camp. He needed or wanted a low risk fight he would get paid for, so thats what he did.

The post-fight interview it kind of sounded like he was saying he owed one to Robbie. Like if he's gonna get paid to just show up and get his ass kicked, at least it was for Lawler. Like he was the there to get a check and put Lawler back in the win column or something.

I like everything you wrote until the "low risk" part....how is fighting Robbie Lawler low risk, in your opinion. Because he's well past his prime? Even so, Robbie still comes to take people's souls every time.

I like everything you wrote until the "low risk" part....how is fighting Robbie Lawler low risk, in your opinion. Because he's well past his prime? Even so, Robbie still comes to take people's souls every time.

Because he's 39 and can't win a fight.

He's about as low quality possible the UFC can offer so far as named opponents, and he still beat Nick up without much fuss. If Nick had to face an actual ranked welterweight, he would have gotten hurt.

Because he's 39 and can't win a fight.

He's about as low quality possible the UFC can offer so far as named opponents, and he still beat Nick up without much fuss. If Nick had to face an actual ranked welterweight, he would have gotten hurt.

I still want to see Robbie vs Mike Perry, maybe they'll re-book it one day. Or maybe they'll let Lawler beat up Mickey Gall since they always seem to use him for old guy tune-up fights.

I'm growing so weary of these Diaz threads. I almost miss Joe Rogan height threads.

I still want to see Robbie vs Mike Perry, maybe they'll re-book it one day. Or maybe they'll let Lawler beat up Mickey Gall since they always seem to use him for old guy tune-up fights.

Sure, why not. So long as Robbie wants to wind down his career with a few more fights, there isn't much harm in setting him up with unranked guys.

Nick never has been a master orator.

Back