Could Cejudo beat Volk?

Would be a hell of a fight. Cejudo could pull it off, but I think Volk would take a decision.

Probably not, but he is fast and has really good skills, Volk isnt the biggest 145er even if he can get heavier than Cejudo, i would watch and Cejudo's chances are good imo.

Volk has never had the size advantage in a fight before, except maybe Mendes, but that's debatable. Speaking of Mendes, he was able to fight off some of his takedowns and pop back up after being taken down.
Cejudo would be fighting an uphill battle there.

Would love to see it happen though.

It’s a great fight that I’d love to see, but realize will never happen

Cejudo continuously defies expectations, though it is true that it's no easy task to take on someone like Volkanovski one more division up, especially for a comeback. I'd look forward to it.

This could be a really good fight, but I'd put my money on Volk. Cejudo seems to rely a lot on overwhelming his opponents with power, explosion, and speed. Volk seems to build his game on breaking guys down over the course of 3+ rounds. I think Cejudo would give him trouble in the first 1 or 2 rounds, but Volk would figure him out and wear him down.

Volk will not finish Cejudo. If Cejudo is the faster fighter and can control him on the ground, he could win.

Cejudo *could* beat Volk, though I would not favour him...but I don't see this fight happening anyway.

I don't think it is about enticing Cejudo to come back...it is about enticing the UFC and Volk to make a fight that doesn't really make that much sense for anyone other than Cejudo.

I wouldn't short change either of them (pun intended?) Could be an interesting match up.

Cejudo: "I believe my height would be a problem for him, because he is a couple inches taller than me."

LMAO this is up there with Reagan refusing to exploit his opponent's "youth and inexperience."

Regardless, this is a compelling match-up. Cejudo would be the rightful underdog but has a real chance here.

Cejudo would be fighting an uphill battle there.

<[analyzed}>

They could market the shit out of this one so UFC should be doing everything they can to get this done with the likes of Khabib gone and McGregor and Jones pretty much no longer relevant.

They probably won't do shit since they're all about shorting the fighters and both of them would want to get paid big here but in reality they should be given blank checks since it's the biggest fight to make at the moment, bigger than Ngannou Jones imo.

Back