Volkanovski stock up or down?

munchie

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
A tough as nails, dominant champ with a winning mentality? Or a good striker with holes in his ground game that is susceptible to submissions?

For me everything went as I imagined, domination by Volkanovski with occasional moments of brilliance from Ortega.The one thing that would make Volk's stock go up would be how he reacted to the submission attempts.

Both dudes stock went up after that one.

Ortega cementing himself as a valid contender.

Volk finally getting some Hespect on his name.

Probably his stock got a little bit down, as it was clear that he's not unbeatable. He's top 10 in his division though.

Nothing changed imo.

I already knew that Volk is elite.
I thought he was incredibly good after the Mendez fight,had insane fight Iq and champ mentality after the Aldo fight.

there's always gotta be one guy who just doesn't get it.

you won't find anyone (besides you maybe) who thinks his stock would go down after that fight.

Probably his stock got a little bit down, as it was clear that he's not unbeatable. He's top 10 in his division though.

I think the last Holloway fight showed he's beatable.

and you think the champ is top 10? hmmm. good call bro!

A tough as nails, dominant champ with a winning mentality? Or a good striker with holes in his ground game that is susceptible to submissions?

“Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia

Volk has holes but he is very good at utilizing his strengths and it is backed up with amazing will power we call endurance. Endurance is the lowest form of will power but the gateway to it.

Last edited:
Went up in my book, because Volk showed he is extremely versatile. He can fight as a point fighter, he can be the aggressor. He can adapt on the fly and make the adjustments needed (shown perfectly in the second Max fight). And he surely has the heart of the champion.

I don't rate Ortega super high and after all Max absolutely murdered him, while Volk was in trouble several times. Yet again styles make fights, so I won't hold the way Holloway took care of Ortega against Volk.

P.S. Also the way Herb and the doc let Ortega recover was super suspect, ask him how many fingers he sees while he is on the stool, not after the minute rest between rounds has passed.

Back