Most impressive escape: Jones vs Khabib vs Volk?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Rank, please, these 3 escapes (actually 4):

Jones vs Vitor, Khabib vs Dustin and Volk from Ortega (2 times)?

Volk-Ortega.

Vitor let go of Jones arm. Dustins attempt on Khabib wasn't as deep as Ortegas.

Rich Franklin had a good armbar escape back in the day but i cant remember who it was against.

Honorable mentions: Bendo's choke escape vs Cerrone in their first fight, Hughes RNC escape vs Trigg 2 and Pearsons badass armbar escape vs Dunham

Edit: Actually, Bendo's escape might top Volks. That shit was in tight.

donald-cerrone-attempats-a-triangle-choke-submission-against-ben-on-picture-id107482676

Got his arm bent too
bendo-arm.0.0.jpg

But did his thing for most of the fight
%5C%5CWxpsd-dell.kamander.net%5Csites%5CMMA%5Cimages%5Cfights%5CWEC%2043-%20Donald%20Cerrone%20vs.%20Benson%20Henderson.jpg

If you haven't watched Henderson/Cowboy 1, i seriously recommend you go watch it. Now.

Last edited:
Volk escaping the guillotine is the most impressive. The armbar Vitor had on Jones was very tight but as soon as Jones was able to just pick Vitor up, you could see he had a realistic chance of escaping. That wasn't the same with that guillotine, that shit looked like it was 100% a done deal.

The guillotine Dustin had on Khabib was good but it wasn't that tight, I think people just weren't used to seeing Khabib in a moment of trouble ever so it came as a big surprise.

Volk Ortega is the best I’ve seen in a while. Ortega made that fight what it was. His reluctance to quit where 99% of people would is why we tune in. To witness people show what mankind is capable of.

Volk-Ortega.

Vitor let go of Jones arm. Dustins attempt on Khabib wasn't as deep as Ortegas.

Rich Franklin had a good armbar escape back in the day but i cant remember who it was against.

Honorable mentions: Bendo's choke escape vs Cerrone in their first fight, Hughes RNC escape vs Trigg 2 and Pearsons badass armbar escape vs Dunham

Edit: Actually, Bendo's escape might top Volks. That shit was in tight.

donald-cerrone-attempats-a-triangle-choke-submission-against-ben-on-picture-id107482676

Got his arm bent too
bendo-arm.0.0.jpg

But did his thing for most of the fight
%5C%5CWxpsd-dell.kamander.net%5Csites%5CMMA%5Cimages%5Cfights%5CWEC%2043-%20Donald%20Cerrone%20vs.%20Benson%20Henderson.jpg

If you haven't watched Henderson/Cowboy 1, i seriously recommend you go watch it. Now.

Good post. Franklin was against Travis Lutter I believe. Lutter was a few tweaks on a few submissions and a good weightcut away from having a totally different resume. Did Silva escape a sub from him or was he just getting beat on?

Back