Nick Diaz' management

Iroh

The Dragon of the West
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since he was clearly dissatisfied with his management, who manages him? And are there any other stories, anybody might know of, of them mismanaging their clients?

Thanks, buddeh!

jerry-jerry-maguire.gif

If Nick really had 6 weeks to prepare, its bad.
But its Nick, so we'll never know for sure.

Since he was clearly dissatisfied with his management, who manages him? And are there any other stories, anybody might know of, of them mismanaging their clients?
I think he was happily retired. I think he was only angry or dissatisfied with his management because they talked him into fighting again. We didnt see the real Nick Diaz out there. We saw someone who regretted his decision to fight. He was like, "what the fuck am I doing here"....his heart was not in it.

If Nick really had 6 weeks to prepare, its bad.
But its Nick, so we'll never know for sure.
Wasn't his disclosed pay the highest on the card? He got over 500k for that fight. He should be thanking his management. That amount is likely why we'll see him one more time against another ageing vet, Cowboy would make a lot of sense.

Wasn't his disclosed pay the highest on the card? He got over 500k for that fight. He should be thanking his management. That amount is likely why we'll see him one more time against another ageing vet, Cowboy would make a lot of sense.

Nick always haf 500k for a fight. I was always puzzled why at the same time, Nate was getting only 20/20, he was basically the same fighter.

Nick always haf 500k for a fight. I was always puzzled why at the same time, Nate was getting only 20/20, he was basically the same fighter.
You know anything about his current contract? If he was getting a similar amount what was it 6 years ago I assume he's still got a few fights on his contract then hence why he'll likely get another 500k+ payday option for another fight.

Nate's pre-Conor contract had undisclosed pay. Why it was done like that instead of up front I have no idea.

Also Nick has not always made 500k. Just nope. He did get PPV points for the Silva fight though.

i remember everyone was against nate and siding with dana and the ufc when nate chose to sit out because of his 29/29 contract. Dana says to the media "he needs to just shut up and fight" and thats all the fans parroted. meanwhile nate had won the ultimate fighter, and had 19 ufc fights. and he was being told to just shut up and fight. Dana did his "Dosnt move the needle" routine and after nate beat conor dana back tracks and says "Nates a needle mover now"

Blew my mind when the fans sided with dana on that one. Then nate came back and beat michael johnson and everyone loved him again. fickle ass fans

Have to at least give some merit to the idea that it was an expectations vs reality issue. Nick talking about fighting Usman is a tell. He sat out that entire time thinking he was the best fighter in the world, deserving of an immediate title shot. When his manager put together a fight based on what was available, Nick was probably less than flattered.

5oefnw.jpg

I think he is now being managed by Fabio

The gym is a failure as well

Money getting tight imo

Back