Shevchenko's Answer to Interviewer About if Murphy Was Her Toughest Opponent

Valentina is lucky to be champion in a weak division. She's skilled but her opponents are not exactly what I'd call 'high level'.
she beat JJ who was a champ, andrade who was a champ, Holly holm who was a champ....jennifer maia and sarah kaufman where invicta champs... all wmma divisions are shallow she is fighting who ever is there for her...valentia beats rose and weilei... she lost to nunes twice only person she hasnt faced really is germaine

she beat JJ who was a champ, andrade who was a champ, Holly holm who was a champ....jennifer maia and sarah kaufman where invicta champs... all wmma divisions are shallow she is fighting who ever is there for her...valentia beats rose and weilei... she lost to nunes twice only person she hasnt faced really is germaine
You aren't getting what I meant.

She isn't a tall woman. She is around 5'4. Even Rose is taller than her but she is quite thick compared to Rose. She cannot make 115 lbs. She can't win with some of you. At 135 she wins but she lacks the ability to finish. At 125lb she finishes then people complain it's too easy for her.

Shevchenko is a great fighter, but it's undeniable that Women's Flyweight is an exceptionally shallow talent pool. I look at the division and the only competitors I can see who even have the slimmest chance of making her break a sweat are the winner of Calderwood/Grasso, Taila Santos & Miranda Maverick if they both continue to develop and move up the rankings, and Manon Fiorot if she proves to be the legitimate blue chip prospect she appears to be. But you know what? You could line every single one of these four women up in a row against Valentina and have her fight all of them and I'd still consider her a hefty favorite against all of them. She'd just end up with ten shiny rubies in that belt of hers.

Mind you, I don't blame Valentina. It's not her fault that the talent at 125 is generally lacking. She did challenge herself at 135. There are legitimate cases for her winning the Nunes rematch, after all. Not to mention dominant wins over fairly legitimate contenders in Holm and Pena. She has a niche carved out for herself at Flyweight and beats these women in the way I would expect a fighter of her skill level to beat them.

Last edited:
Shevchenko is a great fighter, but it's undeniable that Women's Flyweight is an exceptionally shallow talent pool. I look at the division and the only competitors I can see who even have the slimmest chance of making her break a sweat are the winner of Calderwood/Grasso, Miranda Maverick if she continues to develop and move up the rankings, and Manon Fiorot if she proves to be the legitimate blue chip prospect she appears to be. But you know what? You could line every single one of these three women up in a row against Valentina and have her fight all of them and I'd still consider her a hefty favorite against all of them. She'd just end up with nine rubies in that belt of hers.
yes but two former champs moved up to fight her and lost...she was a weight class above her current one and lost to only nunes....you dont get a 3rd fight with someone you have lost two twice...thats why she moved down...valentina ALREADY BEAT THE PERSON WHO NUNES IS FIGHTING NEXT

her opponents arent high level but used to be champions.... there is no one else out there... you trying to say she lucky she a woman and doesnt have to fight Petyr yan or cejudo?
<{cruzshake}>
Never mind.

yes but two former champs moved up to fight her and lost...she was a weight class above her current one and lost to only nunes....you dont get a 3rd fight with someone you have lost two twice...thats why she moved down...valentina ALREADY BEAT THE PERSON WHO NUNES IS FIGHTING NEXT

I don't know what you're getting at. Check my edit, I added onto my post afterward for clarification of my stance.

She cannot make 115 lbs.

She only cuts 10 pounds to make 125, so she definitely could make 115.

According to her own interviews, she's just unwilling to give up her current eating habits. Andrade probably weighed at least as much as her when they fought, and probably a little more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back