Opinion change on Ortega after last night ?

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If so how?

mine changed after the KZ fight

I thought he was going to win it last night

the guy is definitely gamebred and tough as nails

he was awesome last night once again and definitely belongs in the top 3

Still think he takes at least 2/5 from Volk in that many meetings

Nah, I knew he was tough and would bring it. He worked hard on his stand up game and always had natural gifts.

I really didn't like the long break Herb gave him or the slow stand ups though.

No he's an elite fighter with a lot of courage, Volk was just better, he's really putting a resume together too.

Nah, I knew he was tough and would bring it. He worked hard on his stand up game and always had natural gifts.

I really didn't like the long break Herb gave him or the slow stand ups though.
If he was more aggressive on the standup it might be different Slow starter or naturally reserved, I wish he’d throw more follow ups

Not really. Extremely tough with solid skills but he's a step below Max and Volk.

I'd actually like to see him and KZ run it back at some point. I'm sure most people don't want to see it but I have a feeling it will be a very good fight.

Nope got what I expected. Ortega is definitely one of the toughest in UFC for sure

I respect him a lot more. That fight was fantastic.

Kind of just secured what I already thought about him

He has improved since the Holloway fight, but not enough to beat Volk

Also as slick as his subs are, they aren't good enough to finish an elite guy past the 1st or 2nd round

Not really. Extremely tough with solid skills but he's a step below Max and Volk.

I'd actually like to see him and KZ run it back at some point. I'm sure most people don't want to see it but I have a feeling it will be a very good fight.
His hands are so much better now
loved the feinting offsetting Volks That was awesome to see

Pretty boy is dsmn tough , great gas tank, and really good bjj. He had 2 great sub attempts that sub anyone else . Volk os just another level

If so how?

mine changed after the KZ fight

I thought he was going to win it last night

the guy is definitely gamebred and tough as nails

he was awesome last night once again and definitely belongs in the top 3

Still think he takes at least 2/5 from Volk in that many meetings

He has a strong will, that is for sure.

Kind of just secured what I already thought about him

He has improved since the Holloway fight, but not enough to beat Volk

Also as slick as his subs are, they aren't good enough to finish an elite guy past the 1st or 2nd round
Sorry to keep chiming in but as they say there are BJJ artists and then there are REAL BJJ artists like the gracies Ortega is reported to be this elite

His locks are supposedly that much tighter To not do it last night says more about Volk

Sorry to keep chiming in but as they say there are BJJ artists and then there are REAL BJJ artists like the gracies Ortega is reported to be this elite

His locks are supposedly that much tighter To not do it last night says more about Volk
He hasn't really competed in BJJ so it's tough to know how good he is, but Volk got out of Ortega's best subs multiple times so...

Yesterday there was a thread ten pages long about whether Brian Ortega was handsome or not and whether or not you hated him for it.
Well, strange jealous weirdos, do you like him now?

ortega is always dangerous and could finish every FW just not 10 time out of 10 you run ortega vs volk 10 time and volk get finish a few time

Nope opinion is the same. He's a good fighter who someday maybe s champion. I AM glad it seems like their little beef is squashed. Both guys are as tough as a $2 steak.

Back