The Ruthless Lawler showed mercy

x X CLoud X x

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Robbie deserves a lot more praise and all the respect for not

#1 making a big stink about Diaz not making welterweight

#2 last min changes to the new agreed upon weight change

#3 he carried Nick throughout the first round it looked like he could've finished him but sat in the pocket with Diaz letting him throw a few combos off to keep the fight entertaining

#4 Robbie could have easily added Nick to his highlight reel and ended the night badly in the 4th after he clipped him with that hook and then the uppercut... We all know classic Ruthless would have just pounced on him with a heavy H Bomb to the dome, but Robbie is a class act and he showed mercy to Nick by stepping back and away giving Nick the chance to get back up.

#5 Even after the fight Robbie doesn’t trash talk Nick and just says “it just wasn’t his night” and when asked about why he feels Nick didn’t make welterweight he just nods and changes the subject. Your a true class act and a Legend Robbie

He didn't carry Nick, if Robbie could ended it early he would have. He just is a lot more cautious these last years, especially with Nick having caught him in their first bout with a counter. This ain't the prime Robbie. And he let him up because he didn't want to be in Nick's guard and play that game with the ground skills he has, which was a smart move. That being said he was a class act all the way through, but just making sure those things check out correctly.

Robbie deserves a lot more praise and all the respect for not

#1 making a big stink about Diaz not making welterweight

#2 last min changes to the new agreed upon weight change

#3 he carried Nick throughout the first round it looked like he could've finished him but sat in the pocket with Diaz letting him throw a few combos off to keep the fight entertaining<{JustBleed}> Robby is definitely a showman

#4 Robbie could have easily added Nick to his highlight reel and ended the night badly in the 4th after he clipped him with that hook and then the uppercut... We all know classic Ruthless would have just pounced on him with a heavy H Bomb to the dome, but Robbie is a class act and he showed mercy to Nick by stepping back and away giving Nick the chance to get back up.

#5 Even after the fight Robbie doesn’t trash talk Nick and just says “it just wasn’t his night” and when asked about why he feels Nick didn’t make welterweight he just nods and changes the subject. Your a true class act and a Legend Robbie

Some of this is true and some of it isn’t.

He didn’t carry Nick and he tried to decapitate him when he was down, just didn’t want to play in guard when he didn’t have to.

All class though.

Wish they’d become friends already

deep down I think they want to be

Diaz's nose would disagree that he carried him. It looked like he was trying to hurt him to me. I do agree that Lawler is a class act though.

I wonder if those Diaz punches had anything on them, Lawler didn't seem to care too much about getting out the way.

“Carried Nick” ???
<JagsKiddingMe>
Nick won the first round. He landed more shots, and he landed better shots. He was clearly older, slower, and declined, but showed some really good stuff that Sherdog seems fucking oblivious to.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I get what you're saying about Lawlers classy attitude. It seemed he tried to blitz him in the beginning after Diaz threw that goofy spin kick. He came out like a bat out of hell and tried to shut him down early. He was trying to win the fight

“Carried Nick” ???
<JagsKiddingMe>
Nick won the first round. He landed more shots, and he landed better shots. He was clearly older, slower, and declined, but showed some really good stuff that Sherdog seems fucking oblivious to.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
All I’m seeing is Diaz getting blocked mostly and only landing light arm punches

“Carried Nick” ???
<JagsKiddingMe>
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Maybe Diaz could have won if he didn't roll off the couch and fight. He has pretty high body fat in this. Not sure if he got KO'd in camp but without that he probably isn't making weight.
upload_2021-9-26_18-24-19.png
Three months ago he seemed to be in great shape. He signs the contract then stops training.
CQmsW_krjQA

Back