Volkanovski and Ortega would’ve beat prime Aldo

GOATtalks

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Volkanovski might be better than Aldo everywhere. His footwork, fight IQ and cardio would be no match for Aldo. Prime Aldo was quite static, didn’t use much feints and only exploded in blitzing combos and threw naked leg kicks. Volk would’ve danced circles around him and would’ve drowned Aldo in championship rounds with his crazy pace.

Ortega can’t be finished. Aldo would probably outstrike him for a round or 2, but Ortega would take the fight later on. And if it hits the ground at any moment, Ortega sleeps Aldo for sure. Only bald Volk can survive that.

Aldo’s cardio wouldn’t have allowed to compete with the 2 beasts.
Also Volk and Ortega beat Aldo’s best wins easily- Mendes, Frankie, KZ, Cub and also Volk beat Max twice, something Aldo couldn’t achieve and beat Aldo as well.

It’s time to put some respect on Volk’s name as the best FW of all time.

P.S. the best and the greatest isn’t the same thing. Aldo is still the FW GOAT for now

Last edited:
Ortega would have been eaten alive by prime Aldo. They couldn't have dragged him back to his stool. He would have been hobbled. If you think Volk's leg kicks were landing at will, what do you think Aldo would have done? He's got a better jab than Volk and he's faster.

Prime Aldo and Volk is a great fight. I think Aldo could out point him. Only issue would be cardio.

Conor is obv the FW GOAT hes beat everyone Volk has and made it look much easier
Conor definitely isn’t the GOAT, but he’s definitely in the discussion as one of the best FW to ever do it. I have him at #3 behind Max and Volk though as I doubt he would’ve beat them in a 5 round fight

Conor definitely isn’t the GOAT, but he’s definitely in the discussion as one of the best FW to ever do it. I have him at #3 behind Max and Volk though as I doubt he would’ve beat them in a 5 round fight

You don't have Aldo in your top three featherweights? Uhhh... no need to reply in this thread anymore.

Ortega would have been eaten alive by prime Aldo. They couldn't have dragged him back to his stool. He would have been hobbled. If you think Volk's leg kicks were landing at will, what do you think Aldo would have done? He's got a better jab than Volk and he's faster.

Prime Aldo and Volk is a great fight. I think Aldo could out point him. Only issue would be cardio.
This. Aldo would fucking murder Ortega. To think anything else is laughable.

You don't have Aldo in your top three featherweights? Uhhh... no need to reply in this thread anymore.
Conor, Max and Volk all beat him convincingly. Stylistically Has don’t see how any version of Aldo would’ve beat any of those 3.

He’s still the FW GOAT though

I think prime Aldo bears Volk. Volk had to wall and stall to beat him when they fought and Aldo wasn't close to his prime. Ortega has nothing for Aldo.
Volk vs Prime Aldo is a really interesting and tough fight to call. I could see either guy winning, but would lean Aldo as prime Aldo was such a monster. Ortega isn’t beating Aldo on his best day, not a chance.

Volk is an incredible fighter and keeps impressing me each fight.

Aldo is the GOAT and has proved himself more with a much deeper resume. Prime Volk vs Prime Aldo would be an amazing fight. I would lean toward Aldo as he seemed to be much faster and had far more finishing power.

Ortega is also an incredible fighter but I think he would get chewed up by a prime Aldo. He would never get Aldo to the ground. He would get lit up by heavy combos all night. Ortega has an iron chin and toughness but Prime Aldo had a lot more KO power than Volk or Max. Aldo might actually finish him. Or he might just win a dominant decision.

Aldo is a nightmare matchup for Ortega. OP is too low IQ to evaluate fights beyond "newer fighters win"

Volk beats any version of Aldo tho. Volk is one of the only fighters who can kick with him. More power. Much stronger. Good accurate counterpuncher and has a pace and output which would trouble Aldo specially keeping up late.

I think prime Aldo beats Volk. Volk had to wall and stall to beat him when they fought and Aldo wasn't close to his prime. Ortega has nothing for Aldo.
You made zero points on how he would’ve done it and no evidence to back it up

Back