Does Volkanovski have the Best 5 Wins in a row ever?

RDA
Woodley
Covington
Masvidal
Burns
That is not even close to as good.

RDA is a LW
Woodley was a champ so that's a good one
Covington is good but was never champ
Masvidal was a LW and never champ
Burns was a LW and never champ

Usman is amazing, but Volk has beaten all the GOAT candidates in his weight class at their own games.
Out struck Aldo and Holloway, out-grappled and outstruck Ortega.

That is not even close to as good.

RDA is a LW
Woodley was a champ so that's a good one
Covington is good but was never champ
Masvidal was a LW and never champ
Burns was a LW and never champ

Usman is amazing, but Volk has beaten all the GOAT candidates in his weight class at their own games.
Out struck Aldo and Holloway, out-grappled and outstruck Ortega.
Well then if you're gonna disect his wins like that lets do the same with Volk's.

You counted Holloway twice so that's 4 opponents in 5 wins not 5 different opponents.

Most people thought Max won the 2nd fight.

Chad Mendes was out of his prime. That was 2-3 years after his suspension.

Aldo was past his prime also.

Ortega is probably the best win.

Costa
Whittaker
Gastelum
Silva
Romero
Think Silva where he was at, Gastelum and Costa lose it for Israel tbf though Whittaker in particular is a great win, Romero was a very solid win too. Gastelum hasn't looked even half the fighter since that loss. Think Costa's massively overrated.

Well then if you're gonna disect his wins like that lets do the same with Volk's.

You counted Holloway twice so that's 4 opponents in 5 wins not 5 different opponents.

That version of Aldo beats Ortega.

Shogun
Rampage
Lyoto
Rashad
TRT Vitor

Damn you, posted just before me while I was trying to argue my case.

I'll do anyhow. Holloway in my book is slightly better in name value than Jones' row above - just because he is that good and still has time to be the FW GOAT. Rua was hit and miss in the UFC, but was at it's best against Machida; Machida was on top; Rampage was on top; Rashad was on top; Vitor was on a good run. All of those guys are champions and legends of the sport.

Chad Mendes is one of those good guys, who would be forgotten. And he was nearly retired. Ortega is no GOAT contender and I could easily see him fade hard. Aldo is one of the greats, but Volk beat him in diminished, low volume state after Holloway beat him twice. So a bit of context is always needed. Because Jones beat all those guys soundly.

That's not really a fair comparison.

Again, 2 GOAT candidates, 1 of them in their prime and the other not far removed from it.
0 goat candidates in the Usman run.

Back