Why did they make Diaz vs Lawler a 5 round fight?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Nick was clearly getting beaten from pillar to post, Robbie would just not stop coming forward and was landing the more damaging blows. When Nick quit in the start of the 3rd. He realized he was gonna have to get beaten up for possibly 14 more minutes. He probably thought 5 rounds would favor him? Kind of a dumb move after being off for 5 year. I think if it was a 3 rounder, Nick would have finished the fight. Lost. Then say "well if it was 5 rounds I would have won" and his die hards would have believed him. Lol. But I'm glad Nick said no excuses. That was actually classy and showed some humility. Nick was always salty about losing a decision or something like that. This Nick didn't make up any excuse for quitting.

Ya I think the logic was that a longer fight would somehow favor Nick, but they didn't really think it through.

Not that it matters, but I gave Nick the 1st. Either way that fight certainly didn't meet the definition of "pillar to post"

Diaz thought his superior cardio would give him an advantage with not attempting to even cut weight

To favor Nick and his cardio. Didn't exactly pan out.

shoulda made it infinite rounds then he wouldn't have tapped to strikes

The longer the fight, the more likely a Diaz win. Everyone on Sherdog knows that.

Because Nick was asking for it.
They also did Nate vs Edwards a 5 rounder.
Why did Nick quit? His eye hurt?
Nope it was the nose that hurt. Might been broken :/

Ya I think the logic was that a longer fight would somehow favor Nick, but they didn't really think it through.
Where do people get the idea that Nick (as well as Nate) are some kind of late round killers? Nick has only won 1 fight going past the third.

I have nothing against Nick and Nate, but I hate their delusional fans. They live in a fantasy world. They sound like institutionalized people. I don't mean that as a cruel joke. I don't make fun of people in mental institutions. I'm only saying that people with paranoid schizophrenia are the only people I know of that are as detached from reality as Diaz fans.

"Paranoid schizophrenia is characterized by predominantly positive symptoms of schizophrenia, including delusions and hallucinations. These debilitating symptoms blur the line between what is real and what isn’t, making it difficult for the person to lead a typical life... The paranoia in paranoid schizophrenia stems from delusions—firmly held beliefs that persist despite evidence to the contrary — and hallucinations — seeing or hearing things that others do not."

I know of paranoid schizophrenia because I had a relative who suffered from it.

Nick likely asked for it. Which is funny because Robbie has done well in 5 round fights.

Diaz brothers are overrated as crap when it comes to 5 rounds. Nate lost to Conor of all ppl in a 5 round fight. No disrespect to Conor, but he is not a 5 round fighter.
Nate was extremely close to losing his eye against Jorge in 3 rounds. Can you imagine what his eye would look like after 2 more rounds like that?
Nick was dominated by GSP the same in the fifth round as the first. Nick couldn't do crap against Anderson in 5 rounds either.

The only success a Diaz brother had in a 5 round fight was Nate rocking Leon Scott, largely due to Leon getting very sloppy in the last minute in a fight where Nate was completely dominated. And even then Nate loss....their biggest accomplishments in a 5 round fight is losing and making excuses.

Back