Volkanovski's Win Streak Is Far More Impressive than Anything Mighty Mouse Ever Did

Nah. Volk has done good but has nowhere near the amount of top 10 wins.
Yeah, but most of those top 10 wins for Might Mouse were weak top 10. it was a pretty shitty division at the time. But the Cejudo win is better than any win Volk has and he did beat Benevidez twice at time when his only other losses were to Cruz. I think Volk is right there with him.

Given miracle decision over Max is not impressive

Yeah, but most of those top 10 wins for Might Mouse were weak top 10. it was a pretty shitty division at the time. But the Cejudo win is better than any win Volk has and he did beat Benevidez twice at time when his only other losses were to Cruz. I think Volk is right there with him.
Joe B x2, Cejudo, Horiguchi are all better than Volks wins imo. Add on Dodson x2, Kid Yamamoto, Torres, and his wins 135 Grand Prix. Volk has a long way to go.

DJ is the only guy with over a dozen wins in 2 divisions that'll constantly get hate and its sad.

Joe B x2, Cejudo, Horiguchi are all better than Volks wins imo. Add on Dodson x2, Kid Yamamoto, Torres, and his wins 135 Grand Prix.

DJ is the only guy with over a dozen wins in 2 divisions that'll constantly get hate and its sad.
Dodson wasn't that good. I think you're over rating the other guys you're listing too.

I'm not hating on him, he's one of the GOATs but there really wasn't that much great competition for him at the time.

Mouse was champion when competition was really thin at his weight class. Shit it still is, but it has gotten better. That's why. It's more impressive volk used to weigh like 220.

Given miracle decision over Max is not impressive
Miracle? Meh.

THe media is straight up split, and the only real moments to go on are the 3rd round? It's fucked, but they will meet again. It's almost inevitable. It feels like a fight max won overall but if you score round by round gets closer. Feel bad for max, but eliminate the judges and leave no doubt. Cliche statement as fuck, but this is one where you really dig deep and expose questionable judging heh.

Nah. Volk has done good but has nowhere near the amount of top 10 wins.
Easy to pad your stats with top 10 wins when you’re fighting the least populated MMA division ever, very few men are making 125lbs dude, and Mighty Mouse is like 5’2”

Joe B x2, Cejudo, Horiguchi are all better than Volks wins imo. Add on Dodson x2, Kid Yamamoto, Torres, and his wins 135 Grand Prix. Volk has a long way to go.

You don't think Volk beating Max is a better win then DJ beating even Horiguchi let alone Joe B? You're entitled to your opinion and all but that's just a crazy one.

Dodson wasn't that good. I think you're over rating the other guys you're listing too.

I'm not hating on him, he's one of the GOATs but there really wasn't that much great competition for him at the time.
Dodson was very good. Consistently top 10 at 125 and 135. Kyoji is a double champ, Joe B is one of the best not to hold a belt, Cejudo is a ATG, kid and Torres were considered some of the best 135ers at that time. His comp in ONE has been brutal as well and at 135 no less.

17-3 at 135 13-1-1 at 125. DJ and men's flyweight don't get enough credit

Lol one win over Aldo surpasses that entire resume. Volk beat Aldo, Holloway 2x, Mendes, and Ortega. That’s a stacked resume at FW

Last edited:
Easy to pad your stats with top 10 wins when you’re fighting the least populated MMA division ever, very few men are making 125lbs dude, and Mighty Mouse is like 5’2”
MM was the number 1 contender at 135 as a part time fighter. Hes 17-3 at 135.

Back