Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image ?

bogeyj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
they are basically seen as badass tough guys with no quit in them; kill or be killed types who always give it 100% <{JustBleed}>

that's the image their fans have in their minds when thinking about the Diaz bros legacy in MMA.<{natewhut}><209Bitch>

does Nick quitting last night affect that perception of them at all? <{titihmm}>

No, not at all

Both bros are legends and legit bad ass. It's just the nature of the sport. You cannot get out for a few years, be in your late 30s and come back.

If you dont have that fire anymore, It's going to look bad. I consider this fight for Nick almost the same way I do for that stupid Liddell Ortiz fight a couple years ago. Shouldnt have happened but it doesnt tarnish their legacy at all.

Not really. I never thought Nick would let himself get battered for the UFC. He's a pretty smart fighter. He would rather do nothing and throw goofy kicks than put himself in real danger. There is no way he's letting himself get battered like boxer after a 9-count. He threw the towel in for his brother when it got bad. This doesn't change much of my opinion of Diaz.

And Diaz fans have been able to ignore reality and pull new narratives out of their buttholes with ease. They'll believe whatever they want.

Also, shitting on Diaz is kinda lame now. Might as well insult Chuck too.

Although I'm gonna laugh at the 1,2,5 type comments now.

Still had the sack to get in there and fight, which is more than most will even consider lol. It's a shitty way to 'fade' out as it were... but I think the long time fans got a little treat of nostalgia. Friends and I had fun with it, we went to the same damn bar we were at for the 2004 fight, which after 17 years was kind of a mindfuck.

People on this forum need to grow up lol.

He got seriously hurt in there and didnt want to take anymre damage. The guy is almost 40. Talking about image and reputation is ridiculous and immature. The guy could have had his life altered for the worse if he continued.

You people need to realize that theyre putting their health on the line for entertainment and $. No money is worth continuing that fight for Nick Diaz and your entertainment means zero at that point.

Half of the people on this forum have literally never thrown a punch and youre talking about their image lol.

Absurd.

Nate always had more heart. Nick was better but could never have rallied after the beatings Nate took. He's essentially given up before, just nowhere near as obviously as this.

Pretty clear he has no interest in fighting these days. Doesn’t change his legacy it’s just a fighter not knowing when to give up on competing, we see it every year with guys fighting into their late 30s, 40s even. Honestly, respect to Nick for getting in there with Robbie and going 3 rounds.

An old retired guy quitting during what is basically an exhibition fight doesn't tarnish his actual career from years earlier at all lol
and i'm pretty sure he was high while fighting. Sometimes while high, you just lose interest in stuff.

lol it was obvious he doesn't care any more. probably got paid a shitload to lose anyhow.

Of course it does. If I were Nate I'd be furious with him.

As overrated as Nate is, he has always upheld the Diaz image: He still comes in shape, ready to go to war and fight to the death.

Nick certainly tarnished that even though he was once cut from the same cloth.

It doesn't tarnish his legacy, but the excuse making by his nut huggers is both tragic and amusing. The mental gymnastics to think that his complete apathy in the lead up to this fight somehow resembles his social anxiety from his prime years is on another level. And it's not just about his dislike of fighting. He had no desire to be in that fight and mentally quit by pulling that 185 shit last minute.

I like the guy he's a pioneer of the sport, but he has no business in the cage anymore.

Back