My thoughts on 266

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jonathon Pierce vs Omar - Hardly remember this one, JP looked good

Semi vs Sano - Should've been a performance of a night. Sano was outmatched very quickly. Beautiful punch

Match 3 - Can't remember either name. Diaz fighter looked good and outwrestled a short notice DWCS fighter. Although he got cut up and hurt in 3rd round. He's got a tough future

Turner vs Medic - Holy smokes. Most underrated performance on the card! I expected it to be a showcase fight for Medic, it was the opposite. Beautiful body shots from Jailin

Roxy vs Santos - Didn't catch all of this. Roxy seemed outstruck

Daukus vs Shamil - Chris is looking promising. Clear speed advantage. Shamus had a lot of spit!!!

Hooker vs Nassim - "hes looking to explode into Hooker." - DC. Dan showed the difference of levels. Hapquarast struggles against the top level

Moraes vs Marab - Great freakin fight. Unfortunately Moraes struggles so much when he fails to procure the finish. Theres something psychological going on. At the same time Merab is a GD force and perhaps a future champ

Andrade vs Calvillo - Sad to see. Andrade seems to bulldoze everyone outside the very top.

Blaydes vs Roz - Another example of someone dominating most outside the top 5. There's simply not a lot of heavyweights that can deal with his takedowns and top control

Diaz vs Lawler - More heartbreak. Diaz looked slow and out of shape. His punches and aggression was on point though and Lawler entertained him for a few rounds. Fight lived up to hype for a little while, Diaz succumbs to body shots and two devastating shots to the head and nose. We've never seen a Diaz quit like that in fight... I wonder if it was worth coming back

Val vs Murphy - There's really not much to say about this one. Lauren seemed a little gushy and it went about how I expected. At the same time it was the only main card fight that didn't leave me feeling salty

Main event - Lived up to expectations. I do think the headbutt changed the fight in round 2. If Ortega won a round it was 5, which was amazing. Volk actually seemed to gas and Ortega had late success. Unfortunately Volk outstruck him handly and almost finished him a few times. The sub attempts were beautiful but Volk is that damn good. I really wanted Brian to win but I knew there would be a giant speed difference. Fucking Alex man, he might have that belt for a minute

Jonathon Pierce vs Omar - Hardly remember this one, JP looked good

Semi vs Sano - Should've been a performance of a night. Sano was outmatched very quickly. Beautiful punch

Match 3 - Can't remember either name. Diaz fighter looked good and outwrestled a short notice DWCS fighter. Although he got cut up and hurt in 3rd round. He's got a tough future

Turner vs Medic - Holy smokes. Most underrated performance on the card! I expected it to be a showcase fight for Medic, it was the opposite. Beautiful body shots from Jailin

Roxy vs Santos - Didn't catch all of this. Roxy seemed outstruck

Daukus vs Shamil - Chris is looking promising. Clear speed advantage. Shamus had a lot of spit!!!

Hooker vs Nassim - "hes looking to explode into Hooker." - DC. Dan showed the difference of levels. Hapquarast struggles against the top level

Moraes vs Marab - Great freakin fight. Unfortunately Moraes struggles so much when he fails to procure the finish. Theres something psychological going on. At the same time Merab is a GD force and perhaps a future champ

Andrade vs Calvillo - Sad to see. Andrade seems to bulldoze everyone outside the very top.

Blaydes vs Roz - Another example of someone dominating most outside the top 5. There's simply not a lot of heavyweights that can deal with his takedowns and top control

Diaz vs Lawler - More heartbreak. Diaz looked slow and out of shape. His punches and aggression was on point though and Lawler entertained him for a few rounds. Fight lived up to hype for a little while, Diaz succumbs to body shots and two devastating shots to the head and nose. We've never seen a Diaz quit like that in fight... I wonder if it was worth coming back

Val vs Murphy - There's really not much to say about this one. Lauren seemed a little gushy and it went about how I expected. At the same time it was the only main card fight that didn't leave me feeling salty

Main event - Lived up to expectations. I do think the headbutt changed the fight in round 2. If Ortega won a round it was 5, which was amazing. Volk actually seemed to gas and Ortega had late success. Unfortunately Volk outstruck him handly and almost finished him a few times. The sub attempts were beautiful but Volk is that damn good. I really wanted Brian to win but I knew there would be a giant speed difference. Fucking Alex man, he might have that belt for a minute
Diaz vs Lawler.....I think you're being kind. It takes a lot to be a 'UFC level fighter'. I don't think Nick is there anymore and Robbie is getting closer to his time. Maybe a fight with Matt Brown or Condit for Robbie but nothing more than that. In the main event the headbutts were a big difference maker. I'm not sure why MMA refs don't stop a fight when something like this happens (to give a fighter time to recover). It changes fights. Another one that comes to mind was Gustafsson vs Rumble.

Diaz vs Lawler.....I think you're being kind. It takes a lot to be a 'UFC level fighter'. I don't think Nick is there anymore and Robbie is getting closer to his time. Maybe a fight with Matt Brown or Condit for Robbie but nothing more than that. In the main event the headbutts were a big difference maker. I'm not sure why MMA refs don't stop a fight when something like this happens (to give a fighter time to recover). It changes fights. Another one that comes to mind was Gustafsson vs Rumble.
By all means Diaz vs Lawler had no ranking or title implications. It was just a fun fight put together by UFC

Back