Biased commentary in favor of Ortega

AldoStillGoat

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Can the ufc commentators please try to be a little more subtle in their bias for certain fighters?

look, I get it… it’s a business and they need to make money

but even as a Ortega fan boy, I couldn’t help but cringe at the beginning of the fight how they kept playing up Ortega’s actions early in the fight when his actions were minimal. Volk would throw a big shot and barely get any reaction and Ortega would throw a small jab or a kick and they would play it up.

It wasn’t until Volk started dominating that they had no choice but to quiet their positive commentary towards Ortega…. And instead of talking about how effective Ortega’s punches and kicks were they started talking about how tough he is and how much heart he has.

Just be slightly more subtle so we can enjoy the fights without noticing these things.

Get Brian Stann back then. He was the only great commentator.

DC, Cruz, Felder, Hogan are all terrible. Anik has improved a ton he doesnt do the "analysis" those buffoons do but outside of his weird random facts hes good

Can the ufc commentators please try to be a little more subtle in their bias for certain fighters?

but even as a Ortega fan boy, I couldn’t help but cringe at the beginning of the fight how they kept playing up Ortega’s actions early in the fight when his actions were minimal. Volk would throw a big shot and barely get any reaction and Ortega would throw a small jab or a kick and they would play it up.

It wasn’t until Volk started dominating that they had no choice but to quiet their positive commentary towards Ortega…. And instead of talking about how effective Ortega’s punches and kicks were they started talking about how tough he is and how much heart he has.

Just be slightly more subtle so we can enjoy the fights without noticing these things.
Ummmm we need examples of said bias?

Ummmm we need examples of said bias?

I’m sure someone can post it later but if you watched the fight it was quite easy to discern. Many people say Volk won rounds 1 and 2… go listen to what Anik and DC were saying during those two rounds.

I don’t think they were that biased. You said they made it sound like Ortega won rounds but in fact they stated multiple times that he was down

Get Brian Stann back then. He was the only great commentator.

DC, Cruz, Felder, Hogan are all terrible. Anik has improved a ton he doesnt do the "analysis" those buffoons do but outside of his weird random facts hes good

Man I miss Brian Stann… his commentary was great, he was humble and was a good fighter too… bring Brian Stann back!

I don’t think they were that biased. You said they made it sound like Ortega won rounds but in fact they stated multiple times that he was down

Go back and watch rounds 1 and 2. They only stated that after Volk started winning more decisively.

Go back and watch rounds 1 and 2. They only stated that after Volk started winning more decisively.
I don’t need to. They were competitive rounds and the commentators called shots for both fighters. You’re making something out of nothing

They definitely highlighted Ortega's strikes more, even though Volk was landing harder and with more frequency. With that being said, it wasn't excessive, and I only noticed it in the first two rounds. Not nearly Adesanya/Blachowicz level.

point is, it happens often during different fights and it’s noticeable. They just do it too obviously… it’s like every ten seconds twenty seconds they said something about Ortega … like yo chill man … if they did less of it I doubt I or others would notice.

I don’t need to. They were competitive rounds and the commentators called shots for both fighters. You’re making something out of nothing

that’s your opinion… there was definitely something there… to call it nothing is an outright lie

The commentary was fine. Get the sand out of your vagina

tenor.gif

This is a nonsense thread for attention.

DC was going off on how great Volk is over and over.

Yeah I totally noticed that, it was super weird. Ortega would land a light leg kick and they would all OOH then Volk would land one twice as hard and crickets. Volk did a lot of absolutely beautiful things technique wise tonight and there was absolutely no narrative about it. It was to such a ridiculous degree that people actually thought Ortega won lol

Back