Media Robbie Lawler post - fight press conference: class personified

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
No surprise that there is tons of talk about Nick. But let's not overlook Robbie.

That man is an OG, a warrior, a true dedicated martial artist, athlete and just absolutely the classiest most humble dude the way he handled everything.

He was quick to give credit and respect, never took any bait or lowered himself regardless of circumstances.

Happy to see him enjoy the win.

Been a fan of him since his first UFC run, followed him thru Superbrawl/Icon, EliteXC, Strikeforce and back to he too of the game.

I got back into UFC right around their first fight and have followed both guys' careers since. Crazy to see a rematch 17 years apart.

Great card tonight.

can anyone tell me why all the mma journalists are asking such lame, repetitive questions? especially that fucker joe morgan is really annoying

Is the ufc telling them to ask these softball questions, or are they really that stupid and boring?

Was great to see him back and looking like his former self. Last couple of fights looked like he was done and sadly quickly hurtling towards retirement.

No surprise that there is tons of talk about Nick. But let's not overlook Robbie.

That man is an OG, a warrior, a true dedicated martial artist, athlete and just absolutely the classiest most humble dude the way he handled everything.

He was quick to give credit and respect, never took any bait or lowered himself regardless of circumstances.

Happy to see him enjoy the win.

Been a fan of him since his first UFC run, followed him thru Superbrawl/Icon, EliteXC, Strikeforce and back to he too of the game.

I got back into UFC right around their first fight and have followed both guys' careers since. Crazy to see a rematch 17 years apart.

Great card tonight.
Indeed. Had to make this post as I feel Robbie's still getting overshadowed even after a win.

can anyone tell me why all the mma journalists are asking such lame, repetitive questions? especially that fucker joe morgan is really annoying

Is the ufc telling them to ask these softball questions, or are they really that stupid and boring?
I'm sick of that fat loser getting first question and asking shit like "walk us through the emotions you felt" or some stupid shit everytime

I mean he fought a fat guy who clearly just came off the couch and wasn't trained.

It was a complete train wreck. Nick tapped to strikes after the first big shot he had to eat. It would be insanely embarrassing to gloat or make much of it.

Robbie is happy the UFC was able to give him a high profile fight with an opponent that offered him next to zero threat. He was professional and just went about his business.

Its kind of surprising it took him so long to sit Nick down who looked like he was punching through water. Its time for Robbie to wrap things up too, a very fine career.

His voice has gotten a little deeper with some age

Always liked him... great dude wish him the best!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back