Council of Diaz Fans: The fandom vacuum discussion thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

So Nick’s career is over (I don’t want to see him fight again) and Nate might have one more exciting fight left in him but he won’t be anywhere near a title ever again. This has now created a void in the hearts and fandom of many.

That said, the reason we are Diaz fans are in large part due to their fighting style, however they are the last of a dying breed. So who carries the torch from here?

Jiří Procházka is a throwback, and I personally think he is next great hope true martial arts warriorship!

Which other up and coming fighters can carry on the legacy laid out by the Diaz’s and Sakuraba’s of the world?

Ortega is pretty badass, acts like a cholo and is from LA. Plus he has heart and toughness like the Diaz Bros!
I was rooting for him until the very end but don’t know if he’d ever be able to get past Volk.

I was rooting for him until the very end but don’t know if he’d ever be able to get past Volk.

I don’t think the Diaz bros ever won the UFC title… didn’t stop them from making hella cash

;)

So bizzare and tough to watch:
Nick looking relatively overweight, gassed and quitting - unheard of for a Diaz of the past.

he says in his interviews hes here cause he has to be. yet they kept pushing the narrative that he wanted to be there and didn't need to be there. what that was was someone taking a pay check. putting on a shot. a cutting it when it turned serious.

Back