Let's not forget Volkanovski should be 1-1 versus Max

Reydereyes

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Dumb ass judges robbed us of what could have been one of the best trilogies in the history of the sport. Volkanovski is a great fighter, one of the best ever at featherweight but he shouldn't have walked into the cage wearing that belt.
Mark my words, Max makes easy work of Yair and then comes back to finish Volkanovski, hopefully 3 fights in a row.

I find it weird that people are still complaining about this honestly. I like Max too but it wasn't an exhilarating or super-contentious or anything fight. It was just close and happened to lean Volk's way... let's move on already.

I can almost guarantee they wouldn't have given Volk a rematch had that happened. They gave Max an instant rematch despite clearly losing the first fight because he was a fan favorite. They wouldn't risk him losing the belt again with a trilogy lol.

Dumb ass judges robbed us of what could have been one of the best trilogies in the history of the sport. Volkanovski is a great fighter, one of the best ever at featherweight but he shouldn't have walked into the cage wearing that belt.
Mark my words, Max makes easy work of Yair and then comes back to finish Volkanovski, hopefully 3 fights in a row.
No. Stop.

Volkanovski won the last three rounds of the rematch.

Of the ten rounds Volkanovski and Holloway fought, Volkanovski won like 7.

Imagine watching an incredible fight like that, then making a thread like this.

It's arguable. I gave the 2nd fight to Max, but I can certainly see how it was scored 3-2 Volk.

It is what it is. Max will be champ again at some point, I have little doubt about that. But beating Volk will never be easy, that man is legit.

I find it weird that people are still complaining about this honestly. I like Max too but it wasn't an exhilarating or super-contentious or anything fight. It was just close and happened to lean Volk's way... let's move on already.
It was very close yes, but it's one of those fights when even though it was close it should have had a clear winner, which was Max under any criteria you could imagine, unless you think useless 2 second takedowns net you a 10-8.

It was controversial, so in razor thin fights only right call is draw in my eyes, but i can see arguments for both Max and Volk winning

No. Stop.

Volkanovski won the last three rounds of the rematch.

Of the ten rounds Volkanovski and Holloway fought, Volkanovski won like 7.

Imagine watching an incredible fight like that, then making a thread like this.

Super close fight. Had Max 1-3. No robbery.

At some stage you're going to have to build a bridge and get over it bud. When Volk beats Max for a third time are we going to have to check in on you to make sure you're alright?

Nope. 2 - 0, Volk. Deal with it.

It was very close yes, but it's one of those fights when even though it was close it should have had a clear winner, which was Max under any criteria you could imagine, unless you think useless 2 second takedowns net you a 10-8.
No. Rewatch the third round and tell me that was a clear Holloway round. Or the 4th. Or the 5th.

Volkanovski edged the 3rd, and won the 4th and 5th. Not only was it not a robbery, it was the correct decision.

Volk pretty clearly won the last 3 rounds of that fight. And he's going to win the 3rd one.

Back