Volk vs Poirier/Oliviera

sjon22

Busey Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Maybe I'm higher on Volk than most but I think he can take the winner of that fight. 50/50 at worst. Who wants to see this? How do you think the fight with each goes?

I think Volk can decision both these jabroni's (respectfully lol)

Discuss

Volk has amazing footwork and technical standup but Dustin has some of the most accurate hands and best timing in the sport. Chucky and Volk would be a closer fight

Volk has amazing footwork and technical standup but Dustin has some of the most accurate hands and best timing in the sport. Chucky and Volk would be a closer fight

I like your take but if Poirier doesnt get the finish I cant imagine him out pointing him. we have seen no proof that Volk will get caught, I think the fight would look a lot like Holloway vs Volk 2.

I like your take but if Poirier doesnt get the finish I cant imagine him out pointing him. we have seen no proof that Volk will get caught, I think the fight would look a lot like Holloway vs Volk 2.

It could, certainly a valid take. But also remember what Dustin did to max, I think Volk eventually walks into big shots

Volk is a machine man but Dustin is a giant compared to him...

Volk is a tank and looks a bit leaned out at 145.

If he trained for it, Volk could bulk up to 155.

I don't see him doing that though. Why would he? He can make 145 and his cardio is incredible.

Poirier is just too big for him and he wouldn't feel any of Volk's power.

It would look worse than when he beatdown Max.

Maybe I'm higher on Volk than most but I think he can take the winner of that fight. 50/50 at worst. Who wants to see this? How do you think the fight with each goes?

Discuss
Not a bad thing, but I think Volk has an unfinished business with Max at FW

Discuss
He needs to beat Max first

Those two guys are much bigger than him. If he was taller he would stand a chance considering he was heavier in the past and is a rugby pedigree athlete

It could, certainly a valid take. But also remember what Dustin did to max, I think Volk eventually walks into big shots

You might be right I can't disagree with anything you said but I think its a pretty close fight. Poirier and Oliviera are both studs and Poirier fights big at 155. I think it might be the best matchup up involving different weight classes other than Usman vs Whit/Izzy.

WIth the IQ Volk has shown I cant count him out of a decision win.

Nope, those guys are just too big for Volk, we saw what happened to Max...weight classes exist for a reason

I think that might be Volks worst matchup. at 155.

Really? Interesting. I think Volk matches up really well and takes it due to better speed, footwork and angles. Whats your take?

Back