Everyone who's counting Nick out is forgetting.....

Nick doesn’t even know where he is… I’m sorry to say. Robbie is taking this W… but war Diaz.

Hmm, so if Lawler over-commits and Diaz still has the chin to weather it... still, I get the feeling since Lawler fought Nick before, and the loss to Askren is in the back of his mind, he'll play it more conservatively. If he can afford to.

Hasn't been in a fight in 9 years minus his glorified sparring with Anderson. Hasn't won a fight in a decade. Robbie is probably going to kill him.

Like the Holyfield Vitor fight: I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. No doubt that whatever happens tho, Sherbros will be sure to say "nailed it!". It all comes down to how out of shape and out of the fight life did Diaz become in the last 8 years. Diaz also started drinking, something he never did before, so he may have aged badly. On the other hand, he has been reported to have stayed in the gym doing BJJ, competing in triathlons and not getting in the wars Robbie did.

Robbie is a much more mature fighter compared to the first time he fought Nick, I think the fight will look different than the first, but Diaz may be his stylistic kryptonite and has never been truly finished since 2002. It is truly a toss up for me, no idea what to expect.

What do you mean "choked out"?? He wasnt out even if showed some weird signs during the fight.

Out cold?

Watch the fight homie, lay off Wikipedia.
Since the ref isn't in their measuring vitals, if a guy goes limp like he is out cold, he has to assume he's out cold. That's really the only thing that matters. Robbie went limp. Ref stopped the fight and rightly so.

Last edited:
Dude as the video above by @Flying omoplata shows he wasn't out at all. You don't get choked out and pop up. Doesn't happen. Terrible stoppage and as @Post 2 Decision said Diaz is going to wrestle? Shows how much you actually know.
Yeah the way his hand slipped off the head made it confusing, it isn't the same as someone tapping the mat but I guess the way it looked when it dropped. Herb should've checked the arm first, but since the arm looked limp he figured he was out. Can't have any part of your body going limp when there is a choke on you. Ref will always stop it when that happens.

Dude Nick looks like a grandpa, and almost has love handles.

Robbie got choked out cold by this guy in the first round......

View attachment 881614

Nick via sub
Its sort of a good point you make. I couldn't really understand people picking Diaz taking all factors into consideration until I was listening to a guy on YouTube pointing out how severely Lawler has seemed to diminished in his last few fights. That being said, although he lost, I don't really feel like the Askren fight showed his diminishment so much. He just got caught in a bad spot in that fight in a situation where the skillsets didn't favor him, probably even in his prime. If I could be confident that Robbie would sharpen his dormant wrestling pedigree and come in with a gameplan to take Nick down, I'd drop a penny or two on him, but Robbie must bang, and bang he will, or at least try to, and that's where he's diminished.

Since the ref isn't in their measuring vitals, if a guy goes limp like a guy is out cold, he has to assume he's out cold. That's really the only thing that matters. Robbie went limp. Ref stopped the fight and rightly so.
Ben was out as well early in the fight. The ref was not being consistent and obviously wanted Ben to win.

Since the ref isn't in their measuring vitals, if a guy goes limp like a guy is out cold, he has to assume he's out cold. That's really the only thing that matters. Robbie went limp. Ref stopped the fight and rightly so.
AC's should change the rules and require ref to grab unconscious fighter by the cup and wiggle it to see if out cold.

Back