Nick Diaz is 100% doing this fight for a paycheque

OneBoredColeman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
There's no fire, no enthusiasm, nothing from him. He's literally just there to be there and he's going to look lost in the cage.

Lawler is going to finish him.

What do you guys think? I mean just look at the interviews, press conferences, embeddeds, he's just COMPLETELY zoned out. He's not locked in at all. He's unfocused and tired looking. Also he's looking a little soft physique wise, stark difference from his physique months ago when he posted on IG.

This is over kids, bet the house on Lawler.

Lawler is damaged goods at this point but still way more than enough to finish a tired, unfocused, broke Nick Diaz who literally doesn't even know how this whole thing happened.

I never liked Nick but I feel sorry for him at this point. He needs to regain control over his life.

This is what i think too. He will look like the last Holeyfield fight. A former of his old self.

I suspect his chin will be gone.

Id be happy to be surprised though.

Every fighter is doing it for a pay cheque.

With Nick Diaz :
Silva’s negotiating style is also on display in emails from April 2010, when he discussed his approach to trying to re-sign Nick Diaz (see Extract 4). “I lowballed them on purpose the first offer knowing they would turn it down,” wrote Silva. “How bout I come back with 29+29, 32+32, 35+35, 38+38. If they turn it down I put him in a prelim against a really tough guy for his last fight.

Last edited:
Or maybe he doesn't have anything to lose. If he loses the fight, then back to staying inactive. If he wins, then depending on how the win went, he can start looking at other options. He said that him already fighting and beating Lawler(even though it was forever ago) that he doesn't see the meaning behind it all. So to go out there and flip him off and try to get full of aggression is something that doesn't interest him. He's just going in there as a business man to get the fight dealt with. It also plays a big role on the lax'd approach from Nick that Robbie isn't talking crap either. He's just talking about his preparation and his own mental state. Nick doesn't have anything to say other than the typical "Kill or be killed" Diaz line.

As much as I want to start getting caught up in this nonsense Sherdog drama, I don't believe for a second that Nate, Gil, Jake, Cesar Gracie, and Richard Perez would be allowing this fight to go forward if Nick was in a state that he'd go out there and die. I mean, sure, they're all adults and make their own minds up. Everyone knows the team and how they look out for one another and really respect one another. So if any of those guys sat down with him and laid it out, I feel that Nick would listen.

I agree. This is sad.

When it was announced he was returning I assumed it was because he wanted to. He’s made it pretty clear that is not the case.

What's weird is the timing of his comeback.
He's been known as a wreck through social media for years, yet all of the sudden decides to mount a comeback.
It feels like Dana White is making it all happen for money (as usual), even if it means seeing Diaz get destroyed and never come back.
I really wish I'm wrong and that Diaz obliterates Lawler, but I'm just not seeing a peak level physically nor mentally.

Every fighter is doing it for a pay cheque.

With Nick Diaz :
Silva’s negotiating style is also on display in emails from April 2010, when he discussed his approach to trying to re-sign Nick Diaz (see Extract 4). “I lowballed them on purpose the first offer knowing they would turn it down,” wrote Silva. “How bout I come back with 29+29, 32+32, 35+35, 38+38. If they turn it down I put him in a prelim against a really tough guy for his last fight.

LOL. I remember when he did this with Arlovski as well, real scumbag shit.

i think you guys are all delusional and have bought into the UFC marketing hype of nick diaz as a bad boy cholo

nick diaz was ALWAYS awkward and dejected at events. he's never been a guy to act like conor mcgregor, he didn't pick up that side of the business the way his brother did.

btw diaz has always said he fights for a paycheck. this isn't new. he's always been honest that he hates fighting, and this goes back to his days in strikeforce. diaz is going to fuck your boy up again and retire him, don't worry bro

Nick has reapetedly said over the years he doesn't like fighting and is only doing it to get paid. Nothing has changed in his career. He has always been like this in interviews. You must not have followed him over his career.

Is there any other reason to get your brains bashed in…

I feel like (/hope) he's very aware of the impression he's giving off and I hope it's just because he's doesnt care and is confident that he'll be competitive and the rest is usual IDGAF Diaz stuff.

Also have to consider if he did have a knockout or similar in training then it makes sense to play it down and act like he doesn't care.

Either way it's hard to have confidence in him rn. A shame as him getting steamrolled by Lawler would hurt the Diaz brand quite a bit and i'm sure he knows that.

There's no fire, no enthusiasm, nothing from him. He's literally just there to be there and he's going to look lost in the cage.

Lawler is going to finish him.

What do you guys think? I mean just look at the interviews, press conferences, embeddeds, he's just COMPLETELY zoned out. He's not locked in at all. He's unfocused and tired looking. Also he's looking a little soft physique wise, stark difference from his physique months ago when he posted on IG.

This is over kids, bet the house on Lawler.

Everyone making such a big deal cuz the weight class changed...

Lawler knew since Saturday it was changing...both guys have fought at MW before..not a big deal..." Im.always ready to fight" Lawlers exact words when asked about the weight change

Both guys are not the new to this game and are in similar places in there careers in that neither guy carries alot of standing in the division coming in..

I expect an old timey scrap for however long it lasts... i believe both guys are sandbagging abit a head of this one because given there history and the first fight neither guy wants to lose to the other nick doesnt need to fight to make money. .

How about some Respect for two legends who just want go ....get it on! Instead of whining for a charge

oliver-reed-died-during-production.jpg

cant agree more.

he had some business plans that fell through, whether he lost money on them and was grifted or not who knows. but it really seems like nick has just come to get paid for this fight.

i dont even know what his last fight payment was which im sure is what he is contracted to, he busted for weed and got suspended before his contract was over iirc (but i could be wrong).. and then he took an extended layoff not fighting.

i guess triathlons dont pay that well.?

here is nick after he gets knocked out by robbie this ppv.

stoned-to-fuck.jpg

Honestly feel like he might get Holyfielded. Dude has alcoholic face and his body language is terrible.

This is the the same old Nick Diaz who always says he doesn't like to fight, doesn't like to do meida, doesn't want to be there, only fights because it's the only thing he's good at and needs to pay the bills, He's always had that mentality, even when he was successful.

I don't know why people are talking about it like he's suddenly changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back