If Nick Diaz loses bad, does he retire or have another go at it?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Diaz hasn't fought in ages, and is almost guaranteed to lose. If he loses to Lawler bad (lose every minute of every round then gets KO'D or Submitted), should he retire or should the UFC give him another fight.

If he choses to fight again, who is a better matchup for him? I was going to say Cerrone, but he is too small as Diaz won't make 170

Well he said if he loses he wants to get right back in there. So, I guess I’ll take his word for that. But is it about redemption, or just fighting out his contract? I don’t want to speculate.

Well he said if he loses he wants to get right back in there. So, I guess I’ll take his word for that. But is it about redemption, or just fighting out his contract? I don’t want to speculate.
It didnt seem that way. I think he was saying he'd be motivated to come back to get the win back.

If you listened to the pre fight presser, Nick says that if he losses Badly, then he's definitely coming back. That to me says that he probably does have an injury of some kind, especially coupled with the shape he looks to be in.

Edit: Damn y'all fast, lol...Beat me to it.

It didnt seem that way. I think he was saying he'd be motivated to come back to get the win back.
I have no idea what to make out of most of what he says. So, I’ll just go with the flow. Let the man do his thing. And of course there is the fight in a couple of days to deal with first.

i think he clearly returned couse he's broke and will fight again, UFC or not. ideal scenario is if UFC releases him after Lawler and he gets either Paul embarrass him for a big payday.

If it turns in to a war and gets bloody but Nick loses, he´ll guaranteed fight again.

If he starts to clown around and only go for slaps and taunting, AND loses, well bye..

If he lands a good punch, then his fans will still say if it was 10 rounds nick wouldve won.

He might let him go if Nick looks like shit out there.
I severely doubt that. He's still a draw and losing won't change that. He might not pay Nick enough to get him to fight but he won't cut him either. Any competing promotion would jump at the chance of getting Nick even if he gets destroyed by Lawler because he has name value, it's unlikely the UFC lets that happen.

Reactions: Miq
Diaz hasn't fought in ages, and is almost guaranteed to lose. If he loses to Lawler bad (lose every minute of every round then gets KO'D or Submitted), should he retire or should the UFC give him another fight.

If he choses to fight again, who is a better matchup for him? I was going to say Cerrone, but he is too small as Diaz won't make 170

if nick loses he cry like nate did that i won still and needed mroe rounds to win.

Just wanted to stop and enjoy the LOL of Robbie Lawler tapping anyone, let alone Nick Diaz.

Crazy things happen in MMA but that would be some out of this world shit

If he gets his ass kicked, he will probably go fight Jake Paul. That seems to be the go-to move for ex-UFC guys who got their ass kicked.

Just wanted to stop and enjoy the LOL of Robbie Lawler tapping anyone, let alone Nick Diaz.

Crazy things happen in MMA but that would be some out of this world shit
I wonder what the odds are on Lawler by submission over Diaz. I don't think I'd take that bet if it were +10,000 :p

I wonder what the odds are on Lawler by submission over Diaz. I don't think I'd take that bet if it were +10,000 :p

I honestly would lose my mind.

Robbie would immediately attempt to TKO any opponent he put in a vulnerable spot, I honestly can't even get my brain to picture him attempting BJJ.

I mean, he already said he doesn't want this fight....sooo

Back