Which UFC fighter touch their nose with their thumb during fights?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So Alex E fought a blogger not that long ago which was a freak show of sort. I watched just a highlight of it, which was poorly made, but then I kinda realized that I can't really recall any well known MMA fighters who touch their nose with their thumb like Emelianenko brothers do.

I reckon it's more of a trained motion during fights, a habit of sort, to keep your hands in the right place like in boxing.

Oddly enough, I can't really recall anyone else do that in UFC, at least anyone that's well known anyways.

Can you?

francis-ngannou-ufc-249-getty.jpeg

He does, but it's usually other people's noses.

francis-ngannou-ufc-249-getty.jpeg

He does, but it's usually other people's noses.
If anything Ngannou touches other peoples noses LESS that any other fighter, because he only touches your nose about once a fight and that’s the end of it.

lots of fighters do, its habbits from training, hitting pads, usually how a fighter "resets" before they throw a combination. Sometimes its too habitual and an opponent can get a read off of it.

Some guys get it from bowing in class, it sounds strange but when you bow with gloves, sometimes you are mid drill and someone corrects you and you bow with the glove on and then it turns into the whole motion every time you go to throw a combination.

Its a rhythm thing,I believe.

lots of fighters do, its habbits from training, hitting pads, usually how a fighter "resets" before they throw a combination. Sometimes its too habitual and an opponent can get a read off of it.

Some guys get it from bowing in class, it sounds strange but when you bow with gloves, sometimes you are mid drill and someone corrects you and you bow with the glove on and then it turns into the whole motion every time you go to throw a combination.

Well which one? I cant recall any.

Someone said Frankie and I think he does do that I think

Cowboy does it.

There was a Serbian LHW (I forget his name, young guy short for the division, got cut a year or two ago) who would do it CONSTANTLY

Cowboy does it.

There was a Serbian LHW (I forget his name, young guy short for the division, got cut a year or two ago) who would do it CONSTANTLY

hm come to think of it Cowboy does it too perhaps

so far we got

Fedor/Alex
Edgar
Cerrone

out of ....

Whos always swiping the hair like Doostins shorts grabbin’?

lots of fighters have habits. Dustin pulling his shorts, I think JDS and Cerrone would touch their fist to their forehead, Dillashaw acts like the sun is in his eyes, Whittaker would wipe his foot onto his calf.

Back