Going over the UFC Hall of Fame: Who would you add/drop?

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
Obviously many people think the HOF is a joke. So who would you add and who would you drop?

I'm not including the fight wing.

This is the HOF currently...

Pioneer wing:

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Dan Severn
Randy Couture
Mark Coleman
Chuck Liddell
Matt Hughes
Tito Ortiz
Pat Miletich
Bas Rutten
Big Nog
Don Frye
Maurice Smith
Kazushi Sakuraba
Matt Serra
Rich Franklin
Kevin Randleman

Modern era wing:

Forrest Griffin
BJ Penn
Urijah Faber
Ronda Rousey
Michael Bisping
Rashad Evans
Georges St. Pierre

Contributors:

Mask Lewis
Jeff Blatnik
Bob Meyrowitz
Joe Silva
Bruce Connal
Art Davie
Marc Ratner

I would drop Mask. I'm iffy on Serra and Faber, I'd probably drop those two.

I'll add Frank Shamrock, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Fertitta bros, Shogun, Wanderlei, Hendo, Rampage, Dana and Rogan.

Last edited:
Say what you will, but they need to add this man…
tim-sylvia-ufc.0.jpg

But we all know that ain’t happening…
dana-white-oh-no.gif

It is a good list everyone deserves to be on it who is.

But of course Anderson Silva should be added

Why is Rashad on there though? Bisping was a top company man so that makes sense

If we have Serra and Faber in there, then the list of people who also deserve to get in is too big. But since they are, here I'll go.

Throw Frank Shamrock in the Pioneer Wing for sure. Not having him in there is petty Dana White bullshit. And if you're going to have Serra in, there are some other guys like Sylvia who could penetrate as well. Won't happen though due to said bullshit. Not that it'd be very deserving, but if they decided to say fuck it and throw Tank in too, I wouldn't complain. More of an icon inductee rather than a legacy one.

The ones who'll get in but who aren't there yet are DJ, Andy, Cain, JDS, Vitor, Machida, and Cormier.

If you're going to have Faber in, Hendo probably deserves to be there as well. Wouldn't complain about Hendricks either. You could make an argument for Brock too due to what his presence did to expand the sport. Snagging the belt during his tenure certainly helps his cause.

It’s the least legit HOF in history. So what does it matter?

Say what you will, but they need to add this man…
tim-sylvia-ufc.0.jpg

But we all know that ain’t happening…
dana-white-oh-no.gif
he let himself become a 300+ lbs embarassment. Had a brief stint of greatness against lesser competition. Then got dominated by Fedor and turned into a laughing stock who gave mma a bad name.

I agree with them all mostly but why is Matt Serra in the Pioneer wing and GSP in the modern era? They both had their first UFC fight in the early 2000's within 3 years of each other
Probably cuz GSP's career lasted longer. He was still fighting in the 2010's.

I agree with them all mostly but why is Matt Serra in the Pioneer wing and GSP in the modern era? They both had their first UFC fight in the early 2000's within 3 years of each other

Serra had his first pro fight in 1998.

GSP made his pro debut in 2002.

Anything before 2000, they consider pioneers.

Why Frank Shamrock? He only had 5 fights in the UFC??? 35 fights in total almost all of them with the competition.

Why Frank Shamrock? He only had 5 fights in the UFC??? 35 fights in total almost all of them with the competition.

Well why did they add Sakuraba then? He only ever had two fights in the UFC. They looked at his overall body of work in PRIDE and other orgs. Fedor should get in on this merit, but it's doubtful.

At least Frank held a UFC title, Saku never did and he got in.

Can ya explain why you think this?

It looks pretty legit to me.
Because real HOF actually have criteria that you have to meet to get inducted into them. For the Rock and Roll HOF for instance. You had to have released a song 25 years prior to induction. In the NFL HOF you have to be retired for 5 years. Then you must be nominated, then pass 3 different votes, and finally be voted in by 80% of the voting members.

I could go on or you could look it all up. The UFC HOF is no more than an employee of the month thing. There is no criteria. There is no voting process. It’s just whomever they feel like putting in there. For instance.. individual fights. I’m not saying they don’t necessarily belong. But, it’s the least legit HOF I’ve ever heard of.

Well why did they add Sakuraba then? He only ever had two fights in the UFC. They looked at his overall body of work in PRIDE and other orgs. Fedor should get in on this merit, but it's doubtful.

At least Frank held a UFC title, Saku never did and he got in.
Yeah but Sakuraba didn't tell DW & the UFC to go Fnck themselves. Frank doesn't seem like the kind of guy who plays well with others and we know how DW reacts to anyone who tries to alpha him.

Back