Ari Emanuel thinks the UFC pays fighters “tremendously”

CTYankee

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://calfkicker.com/dana-whites-boss-thinks-the-ufc-pays-fighters-tremendously/

“Emanuel used some very creative data skewering to make his point. For starters he explained that if this were true Conor McGregor would not be the most paid athlete on the Forbes list.”

“They just did a recent study of the highest paid athletes. The number one athlete was a UFC fighter. They are making money from wrestling kits, paid marketing opportunities that we are creating for them with our sponsors, income for NFT and we are investing money in a performance institute to rehabilitate them, [focus on their] diet, etc. ”

“Well – this is a very creative of Emanuel. Of course what he fails to mention is that the majority of McGregor’s wealth this year came from a personal investment and not from the company.”

“To put things into perspective – Conor has done nearly 7 million total PPV buys in the UFC, in 5 fights. That amounts to nearly $400million in revenue. And that’s not even counting the Poirier fights.”

hold on, lets just for a second, assume what he is saying is true. you are the one twisting words around. he didnt say conor was the highest earning athlete, he said he was the highest paid and listed the income sources... so theoretically, he made tht money from those sources. im not sure if the number from the magazine correlates or where they come from, but i assume everyone on that list is measured the same way... right?

btw, i have to agree to an extent. as a whole, no mma org pays nearly as much as the ufc does. from that perspective, they are paying their athletes generously.

When the champions are saying the pay could be better, chances are the problem is bigger than people think IMO.

All bosses think they pay their employees too much

Ps Ari Gold is based on this Ari Emanuel
getout-ari.gif

so theoretically, he made tht money from those sources. im not sure if the number from the magazine correlates or where they come from, but i assume everyone on that list is measured the same way... right?
It's a way to make UFC athlete pay look better, that's the context of the question. He's essentially saying UFC fighter pay includes Conor selling his stake in booze and other stuff, which is pretty asinine. As someone pointed out, that's like including onlyfans revenue in fighter payouts.

Well if Ari says so...

<mma4>

Get a Union and CBA going, otherwise stfu
A union is likely never happening in mma, and it's not even really the fault of the fighters in the grand scheme (some of it, but most of it isn't). Calling for it is just a red herring at this point.

Edit: Unions also do not increase wage share in the way people think it does.

hold on, lets just for a second, assume what he is saying is true. you are the one twisting words around. he didnt say conor was the highest earning athlete, he said he was the highest paid and listed the income sources...
I didn’t twist anything. I quoted an article but if you want to be pedantic. They asked if UFC fighters are underpaid and Ari points to money that the UFC did not pay them. That is definitely twisting words boot licker.

Ari Emanuel is such a snake. Can't believe I miss Zuffa.

Back