Anyone else feel sad for Nick Diaz?

OldFashion

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Every time I hear him talk nowadays I'm just asking myself who hurt this guy? Has he ever been in a good mood? Dude seems constantly depressed with a huge chip on his shoulder. Nate has become much better over the years and seems kinda chill now but Nick seems to get worse. I can't even get hyped for his fight the dude just seems miserable lmao.

Not at all. Hes just being real and honest. He has some anxiety and communication issues but I have heard from multiple people that have known or met him hes chill as hell. I think that's his guard being up and not knowing how to "act." Hes fine man.

Not at all. Hes just being real and honest. He has some anxiety and communication issues but I have heard from multiple people that have known or met him hes chill as hell. I think that's his guard being up and not knowing how to "act." Hes fine man.

Seems far from fine in my opinion but ok, let's just chalk it up to his "guard being up". Something clearly is wrong with the guy. That's not how any normal human being acts.

I know he has always had some kind of monkey on his back.

I can feel his"Unease" for lack of a better term in most times he is being interviewed. Whatever that is,I wish he could free himself from it. No surprise he smokes alot of weed.

So,in short,yes,I do.

Nick just has himself to blame, could of gotten good matchups with declining legends if he wanted to get paid and keep his legacy. It's always been his attitude but he could of rolled with the punches like Nate did and get the decent payday here and there without having to put in a full effort.

He said it himself, he just wanted to party. I'm usually sympathetic to people's struggles but Nick wanted a free lunch that just wasn't realistic.

Every time I hear him talk nowadays I'm just asking myself who hurt this guy? Has he ever been in a good mood? Dude seems constantly depressed with a huge chip on his shoulder. Nate has become much better over the years and seems kinda chill now but Nick seems to get worse. I can't even get hyped for his fight the dude just seems miserable lmao.
I grew up in a shitty neighborhood, had to fight other kids to survive, I was part of a gang when I was young.

it's hard you have to keep yourself strong all the time, you can't show happiness because it's weakness.

images

this face hides a lot of pain, not everyone is born into a good, safe family with a father and mother teaching you to communicate in society.

He seems like he needs therapy. He’s way too introspective of himself and guilts himself. Of course you’ll be depressed if you doubt yourself constantly. He’s a good guy, just needs a bit of mental help. You can tell the talk with Brett Okamoto was kind of calming him down… by the end of the interview he seemed better.

War Diaz bros… forever

Seems far from fine in my opinion but ok, let's just chalk it up to his "guard being up". Something clearly is wrong with the guy. That's not how any normal human being acts.
There's been something wrong with the guy for like 15 years

He does not like being in the spotlight which is the case every time you see him.

Probably super chill off camera, helping his bro making baleunns for the kids

He does not like being in the spotlight which is the case every time you see him.

Probably super chill off camera, helping his bro making baleunns for the kids

Plenty of people don't like the spotlight and don't act like him. Plenty of people grew up in bad neighborhoods and don't act like him. Just saying.

Plenty of people don't like the spotlight and don't act like him. Plenty of people grew up in bad neighborhoods and don't act like him. Just saying.
Yep, I do not say it is normal, just trying to explain why he always seems pissed on camera

Yes I feel sorry for him, and

Has he ever been in a good mood?

Not really, no.

Nick was the oldest and he put the weight of the world on his shoulders. Nate never had to, because Nick did for him.

Nate had a relatively happy childhood. Nick did not. Nate once said something like “I always thought everything was pretty good, but Nick always knew the world was a rotten fucking place”.

Last edited:
My 6 year old son was listening in on the latest nick interview while I was (unbeknownst to me) and asked me straight up "daddy why are you listening to war soldiers talk?"

I sprayed orange juice everywhere through my nose

Diaz totally sounds shellshocked

Last edited:
He’s had a difficult life and he carries with him a lot of pain. The story about the girl who killed herself was very sad.

I worry about him. Imagine if he gets highlight reeled? That would be a terrible thing to happen to somebody who is so anxious.

He's a refreshing listen thats for sure. Sounds like he's had a bunch of parasites on him when he was fighting regularly.

I hope he makes his money, opens a gym and gives fighting for money the bird.

Back