Diaz vs Lawler will be underwhelming

Rozpylacz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Won't be terrible, like Ngannou vs Lewis (hard to top that). But there's no reason to think it will be anything like the first one.

Diaz lost his last 3 fights, didn't fight for 6 years. God knows how he's gonna look in there (probably not so good). Lawler lost a few steps, is on 4 fight losing streak (getting dominated in last 2).

The only reason this fight has hype behind it is because the first fight was good, and people like their personalities/fighting styles. But they are long out of their primes.

Don't get the hype.

The fact that its at 185 and 5 rounds long might help it a bit. But still, won't be as good as advertised.

It will be amazing :) :)
50da0aad91be9de6a9650203ae627d4a.gif

Won't be terrible, like Ngannou vs Lewis (hard to top that). But there's no reason to think it will be anything like the first one.

Diaz lost his last 3 fights, didn't fight for 6 years. God knows how he's gonna look in there (probably not so good). Lawler lost a few steps, is on 4 fight losing streak (getting dominated in last 2).

The only reason this fight has hype behind it is because the first fight was good, and people like their personalities/fighting styles. But they are long out of their primes.

Don't get the hype.

The fact that its at 185 and 5 rounds long might help it a bit. But still, won't be as good as advertised.

Possibly an accurate analysis but styles make fights and this “could” be interesting. The way those guys are wired - might really just need one of them to come in feeling froggy and wanting to rock for it to get exciting. There is just no telling with this one. Could be a complete dud or could be fight of the year. I’m just hoping it actually happens so we can find out. :)

I'm not hyped, he was very dissapointing vs Silva and clearly was just there for the paycheck, I'm not fanboy of that clown so I don't have the fanboy glasses most people have for him here so I can see this fight will most likely suck.

My expectations are low. If it does end up a good fight though I'll be happy to see it.

I believe the first few rounds will be slow

Current Lawler would still destroy the one from Diaz vs Lawler I. So I, at least, expect a more technical fight.

Even if it's action packed it's still a bum vs an ancient shot former UFC champion

Either way it's a joke.

I'm just excited for anything Nick Diaz related. I want interviews, in and out of cage antics. I want it all. I want him to make no sense and go on a rant for 30 minutes straight when asked how he's feeling. "I didn't even want to fight, but they made me." Nick is the king of this sport and he can never give enough. We're always wanting more.

HoarseGlisteningBullmastiff-max-1mb.gif

Don't get the hype.

Your father's choice not to wear contraception is underwhelming

Back