Who is the better fighter now Dustin or Justin?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If u were a betting man who would bet on today?

Overall, Doostin, but if they kept it on the feet in the rematch, I might slightly lean Gaethje.

But, yeah, Doostin. I think he's better right now.

I'm always going to pick Dustin...he's just so in the grind right now. My biggest fear is that it's going to catch up to him soon

I worry that Dustin wasted time on a has-been like Conor and that could affect his ability at the elite level.

Maybe, maybe not.

But it concerns me

Hard to say who is the better one, but I'm pretty sure that Justin will defeat Dustin if they fight soon.

Gaychee been away for a while. Use it or lose it Bub. Dustin would beat him now..

Dustin is the better overall fighter but he could lose to Justin in a rematch as I don't think his takedowns are good enough to take advantage of Gaethje's poor sub grappling.

Drop the "J" add the "D" give me Dustin...

I like Justin Gaethje,
i hope we had and others like him !

Poirier outlanded him 179 : 116, outlanded him every round and knocked him out.
Gaethje was cut after just 70 seconds. He has more scar tissue nowadays.
Gaethje's hits also consisted of 43% leg kicks, while Poirier scored more to the head.
Gaethje eyepoked him in the 2nd and 3rd. Second eyepoked was even in both eyes.
Very fucking dirty from Gaethje.
Poirier is 2 months younger and with checking the kicks he definately will be the favorite.

Last edited:
why would anyone pick Justin ? Because he KO'd Michael Johnson? Thats about the only point he has over Poirier.

he looked like an amateur against khabib.
Got tko'd by dustin.
Has been MIA for about a year now...

Because stylistically he has advantages over Dustin that he didn't have over Khabib. His standup has improved and he can hit harder than Dustin who struggled to put away Dan Hooker. The only area where Dustin is better is BJJ but he doesn't have the wrestling like Khabib to take him down.

I think Poirier is still the better, more complete fighter. Gaethje has improved and become more calculating, but I don't think that will help his chances against Dustin specifically.

Justin is still a BMF I think this fight would be like a coin flip. I lean Dustin 60/40.

Back