Jose Aldo isn’t mentioned enough as a P4P Great by the company and others

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
jose-aldo-ufc.gif

His streak of title defences is something that will likely never be repeated in FW history.

The Conor fight sucked but there’s evidence to say that he might have performed differently in a rematch.

He is still relevant in the title picture today!

With his ridiculous mileage.

War Aldo.

Him and Anderson are a dying breed. They will fight forever.

Brazilian fighters are the best in the world. You can’t train that favela mentality

I do not think history will be kind to Khabib. His reign was to short. His mentioned so much because it’s still fresh on his die hard fans minds.
I agree. He and DC are high on the current top 10 list because of recency bias.

And in 10 years we'll know if you and I are right or not ;)

I think a big reason is because he was in his prime when he lost to Conor and Max and was finished in all 3 fights. I personally think that Aldo is an all-time great because of his dominate streak and skillset, but I can see an argument against it because of those 3 fights alone. Nobody that is in discussion as a p4p great was finished in their prime.

Reactions: 2EZ
2 losses to Max, 1 to Volka and a quick KO to Conor makes him ungoatavble, sorry.

2 losses to Max, 1 to Volka and a quick KO to Conor makes him ungoatavble, sorry.
Is the same true of Anderson Silva (Weidman, Bisping, Isreal, Cannonier....)

Fedor (Bigfoot, Weidman, Hendo)?

I guess what I'm really asking is, do you really believe that no matter how dominant a guy is for 6-8 years, it doesn't matter if they lose big after that dominance?

I agree. He and DC are high on the current top 10 list because of recency bias.

And in 10 years we'll know if you and I are right or not ;)

You haven't got to wait 10yrs, I can tell you, you are wrong now

Aldo got beaten in his prime by multiple fighters, khabib barely lost a round, he barely lost an exchange, he is deservedly seen as ahead of Aldo

He was thrown to the side after the Conor loss, and didn’t get the rematch he rightfully deserved. Had he got his rematch and won people would be discussing him as one of the goats for sure..

Sadly for Aldo, Conor took his belt and ran..

With his ridiculous mileage.
He's 35 with 37 fights under his belt. That's slightly above average, but not much compared to Gerald Meerschaert who is 33 with 47 fights under his belt or Anthony Smith who is also 33 with 52 fights and fought way, way bigger men.
Or Israel Adesanya who is 32 and has 100 fights!
The mileage narrative never gets old.

He's a great fighter, but he's a little guy! No one is calling Spudd Webb the greatest basketball player of all time.

Aldo's skill set is ridiculous. A great career and is probably one of the most respected guys in the entire sport. He's one of the best that ever done it, regardless of wins or losses. He didn't run and hide like some other "goats" but chose to stay and fight. Hespect.

When he gets that BW strap, then he'll be back in the top 3.

WAR ALDO

Back