Do you think Megan Anderson was released to set an example?

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana doesn’t like woke culture and she was going after Casey Kenney for his comments on her appearance

No, she was released because she completely shit the bed in her title shot.

It definitely makes sense. They cut her after a title shot and she is a hot WMMA fighter. Nothing else really makes sense.

It was because there wasn't anything left at that weight division. The Megan fight was the last possible match up for Nunes at that weight because she has already beat everyone else. They also most likely did it to let Megan develop her skills a bit more. Her grappling and overall mma game still needs work, so they did what they do to other fighters - let them go and will re-sign after improvements.

That's also why they don't have rankings for the female145 division on the UFC website. They have a few fighters still on contract and there may be a couple more title fights, but it doesn't seem like they are signing new talent for the division. They may be waiting for when Kayla Harrison and Clarissa Shields cross over. They also may try to set up a title shot with Daniele Wolf if she is able to beat the other female FW fighters.

It was because there wasn't anything left at that weight division. The Megan fight was the last possible match up for Nunes at that weight because she has already beat everyone else. That's why they don't have rankings for the division on the UFC website. They have a few fighters still on contract and there may be a couple more title fights, but it doesn't seem like they are signing new talent for the division. They may be waiting for when Kayla Harrison and Clarissa Shields cross over. They also may try to set up a title shot with Daniele Wolf if she is able to beat the other female FW fighters.
She could have been used as a gatekeeper, it’s just odd to release someone right after they fought for a title

Dana doesn’t like woke culture and she was going after Casey Kenney for his comments on her appearance
She was a load of shit, and didn't deserve the platform she had after that humiliating loss.
And just LOL at the bitchass woke mod who to frightendly moved this thread to lightweights.
Bitches are part of the problem.

She could have been used as a gatekeeper, it’s just odd to release someone right after they fought for a title
I think it's so she can improve away from the UFC. Her overall mma game isn't on par with the other female fighters on the roster. Her striking is, but she has a clear weakness with grappling that she hasn't been able to fix yet. I also think the way she lost and how quickly she lost factored in, everyone else on the roster gave Nunes a harder fight and with Megan it seemed like it was going to be over right when the first exchange happened. I'm sure they will re-sign her after she makes improvements. They let both Brandon Moreno and Robbie Lawler go and they both came back and won the title.

The UFC tried to sell Megan as a legit contender due to her size & frame for the division, she was one of few legit featherweights and not an overweight batamweight. Now that she'd had her opportunity and lost convincingly, there's much else they can do with her. They're struggling for any female featherweights, let alone featherweight contenders. They'll close down the division soon enough.

She's just garbage, she was the only fight left at 145 and unless she won everyone knew she was getting let go. I forgot about her, just remembered she was always tweeting, I don't follow her but those youtube mma channels used to put her post up.

Wow, i did not know she had been cut. Seems a bit premature. I found her very plain looking so maybe Dana agreed with me. Not hot enough.

145 is a wasteland and she probably told them she isn't going to cut to 135 (probably can't physically make the weight).

Bellator or PFL will throw money at her if she continues fighting.

Damn the dog didn’t even do an article about her release like they usually do for high profile UFC Releases… brutal… heck they usually have an article when who the fook is that guy fighters get released… but I guess this means she is lesser tier than even who the fook is that guy

Damn the dog didn’t even do an article about her release like they usually do for high profile UFC Releases… brutal… heck they usually have an article when who the fook is that guy fighters get released… but I guess this means she is lesser tier than even who the fook is that guy
I was thinking the same. I think she fought out her contract and the UFC declined to resign. She was horrible anyway. Physically looked like she would be good but in reality shit and mentally weak.

She completed her contract after the title fight. Not worth keeping her for a division that sucks.

Setting the example that if you suck at your job you will be replaced

Back