Would you donate to a charity...

ifindgifsforjackslack

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Where only 18% of the money actually reaches it’s intended target? I constantly hear because I think fighters pay is too low we need to buy all the ppvs to increase fighter pay.

Most people i know who partake in charity, have absolute disdain for some of the big charities and how much revenue they take for themselves, do you think a fair response to these people would be “then donate more”?? When their direct gripe is about the money not going to the actual desired person.

If you buy an 100 dollar Ppv you aren’t really supporting the fighters even HALF as much as corporate scumbags. In fact I’d argue by lining the pockets of the people unfairly splitting the revenue, you are giving them the power and incentive to continue to do so.

Lining Dana’s pockets does not increase fighter pay, it increases his ability and desire to keep doing it.

Where only 18% of the money actually reaches it’s intended target? I constantly hear because I think fighters pay is too low we need to buy all the ppvs to increase fighter pay.

Most people i know who partake in charity, have absolute disdain for some of the big charities and how much revenue they take for themselves, do you think a fair response to these people would be “then donate more”?? When their direct gripe is about the money not going to the actual desired person.

If you buy an 100 dollar Ppv you aren’t really supporting the fighters even HALF as much as corporate scumbags. In fact I’d argue by lining the pockets of the people unfairly splitting the revenue, you are giving them the power and incentive to continue to do so.

Lining Dana’s pockets does not increase fighter pay, it increases his ability and desire to keep doing it.
Do you buy anything from amazon, walmart or any other big compines

I’m with you mate but what is the alternative? Not buy it and hope…what? I’m all ears, Dana can kiss my fucking kiwi fruit the shithouse.

If there was a Russian link from Khabib that would lead to the fruits of that charity's labor free of cost, I don't know...

Clown.. This is a for profit BUSINESS.

And I’m seriously bored with the jokers crying about fighter pay. Why don’t you send emails to WME, Disney, ESPN, etc. instead of crying in here? How about boycott the fucking product until you think things are fair?

That’s what people with REAL principles do.

giphy.gif

And I’m seriously bored with the jokers crying about fighter pay. Why don’t you send emails to WME, Disney, ESPN, etc. instead of crying in here? How about boycott the fucking product until you think things are fair?

giphy.gif

{<huh}

they do

they stream them lol

UFC ain't no charity son

/thread

Reactions: Isa
In my line of work I review financial statements for not-for-profit orgs all the time. It’s not unusual at all for only 18% of “profits” to go toward the intended beneficiary. These organizations usually have a lot of overhead.

with that being said, there are some of those orgs that are corrupt as fuck and intentionally bleeding the organization to pay salaries.

if you have a problem paying that money or supporting a lack of good fighter pay just stream that shit like i have for 14 years.

Just so you know donating to charity doesn't mean your money went to the cause you donated to.

More likely a fraction did.

Is anybody buying the pay-per-view as a charity to the fighters? I'm much more concerned with the product I'm getting than with the profit share at the company that's selling it.

giphy.gif
I’ve watched ufc for over 8 years without spending a cent. I am boycotting the company but not the product, I primarily made this thread because of mouth breathers like you defending bad ethics, to point out the idiocy of defending an 18% split. I support these fighters, and to support them correctly I must dabble no illegal streams. Until the broken Ppv model stops working, there is no incentive for the ufc to structure something more fair.

Back