5 Years Since The Sale: Is The UFC Better?

No, it’s trash. All ducking, waiting out, and looking for money fights. The best rarely fight the best. And even though it was before my time. The champs used to always face the next guy in line.

Conor changed the game alright. He turned it into a circus.

No it’s considerably worse. The UFC has probably put together 3 good cards top to bottom this whole year. And any decent card gets fucked with the horrendous bout order selection and insistent pushing of mediocre wmma to fit ESPN’s women’s sports agenda.

No, it’s trash. All ducking, waiting out, and looking for money fights. The best rarely fight the best. And even though it was before my time. The champs used to always face the next guy in line.

God, you are a whiney bitch. There are still great fights. You sound like an entitled chick most of the time.

It's gotten a bit better IMO. Both Conor and Jon are on the outs along with their idiotic fan bases, we've gotten fighters who are actually happy to be champions for the most part and not using the title to chase another belt and Robbie Lawler is still fighting!

It’s felt like for the last 5 years the ufc has been completely out of touch with their fan base and are doing the opposite of all the things we were hoping for.

More stacked cards? Nope

Better fight pacing through out the night? Nope.

Improved pricing and more affordable options? Nope

Exciting title fights? Half of them are rematches.

I’ve never felt more ignored by an organization I’ve consistently purchased products from for so long. Hey, look at the bright side. At least we got TUF back and an espn limited series detailing how Dana white grasped mma from the pits of hell during covid and brought it back to the fans.

I specifically addressed that "best fight the best" part by looking at the data. You might find it interesting.

It’s felt like for the last 5 years the ufc has been completely out of touch with their fan base and are doing the opposite of all the things we were hoping for.

More stacked cards? Nope

Better fight pacing through out the night? Nope.

Improved pricing and more affordable options? Nope

Exciting title fights? Half of them are rematches.

I’ve never felt more ignored by an organization I’ve consistently purchased products from for so long. Hey, look at the bright side. At least we got TUF back and an espn limited series detailing how Dana white grasped mma from the pits of hell during covid and brought it back to the fans.
It's like they went away from everything they previously did to make it "the fastest growing sport in the world".

I don't know who is in charge but it’s not good. The title rematches are kind of a big deal because the best way to keep building a division is to have fresh faces in the title picture.
Remember the glory days of the LHW division? When the belt was passed around like the hottest potato ever? That's what makes a rich division and legendary memories. These days Rampage would have got the immediate rematch with Griffin no doubt.

But hey, atleast the UFC is closing out the year strongly with 3 stacked PPV's. Let's pray they all stay intact.

I personally enjoy fights whether they’re 2 big names of 2 new fighters. Sometimes you get great fights from 2 relatively unknown guys.

Having said that, the pacing of fight cards has been atrocious lately, with way too much talk time and fillers between fights.

I specifically addressed that "best fight the best" part by looking at the data. You might find it interesting.
I’m sorry, but I rarely watch videos posted in here. Is that you? I’ll give it a watch out of respect. I’ll be back.

1 minute later..
lol.. Shit man it’s 20 minutes. This is kind of why I don’t watch vids posted.

Nothing personal, but I pass.

I’m sorry, but I rarely watch videos posted in here. Is that you? I’ll give it a watch out of respect. I’ll be back.

1 minute later..
lol.. Shit man it’s 20 minutes. This is kind of why I don’t watch vids posted.

It is, yep. And I know, man. It is an investment. I'm with you. If you do check it out eventually, I'd love to hear your thoughts. All the best!

It's like they went away from everything they previously did to make it "the fastest growing sport in the world".

I don't know who is in charge but it’s not good. The title rematches are kind of a big deal because the best way to keep building a division is to have fresh faces in the title picture.
Remember the glory days of the LHW division? When the belt was passed around like the hottest potato ever? That's what makes a rich division and legendary memories. These days Rampage would have got the immediate rematch with Griffin no doubt.

But hey, atleast the UFC is closing out the year strongly with 3 stacked PPV's. Let's pray they all stay intact.
Right? And they have the horses to do something like that in some divisions like 145, or 155 but they are so set of these rematches.

I get that there are some things to work through and the nature of love events is that they aren’t perfect, but we’re moving in the wrong direction.

And don’t even get me started on the bout orders.

If I have to watch one more card that has a featured heavyweight bout on the main card of two Unranked guys because “it’s a guaranteed to be a finish” (which is statistically NOT TRUE) I’ll scream.

No, I skip more than I watch. I was watching Pride Bushido 1 last night and the quality was night and day.

Rematches
Watered down cards
Cringe pro wrestling shit
Generic roster I don't care much about

I was more excited to watch Anderson spark Tito than the last four fight nights and the last PPV.

The UFC was having these problems before the WME sale. I find the whole sport less interesting now but the sale has probably helped keep things alive and growing

Back