Does the UFC Even Censor On-Screen Pop Up Tweets?

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Pretty hilarious, Ike Vallie Flagg was able to sneak this bad boy through. I wonder what other gems we’ve gotten on screen

Seems silly to allow these when it’s clearly not a priority to make the content important.

Last edited:
LOL, hate those twitter posts, a lot of time its just generic "10-9 whoever" from guys i have no idea who they are.

Or the stupid post from The Rock like "no time to watch the UFC, im going to the gym", something along the lines of that, like, really? Rich guy who works out for hours probably daily doesnt have a screen on his mansion gym?? And well, even if he doesnt have one to avoid distractions, why post that you are NOT watching the UFC just for clout chasing or something?

Apparently not. There have been some terrible ones. I personally liked the "Walk off KO" tweet of Lewis on Blaydes. Yeah. That was totally a walk off....

LOL, hate those twitter posts, a lot of time its just generic "10-9 whoever" from guys i have no idea who they are.

Or the stupid post from The Rock like "no time to watch the UFC, im going to the gym", something along the lines of that, like, really? Rich guy who works out for hours probably daily doesnt have a screen on his mansion gym?? And well, even if he doesnt have one to avoid distractions, why post that you are NOT watching the UFC just for clout chasing or something?
Sometimes I like the scoring ones, cause sometimes I want to know how other people saw a close round. However, the commentating team always stops whatever conversation they are on to address it and argue whether it’s right/wrong. Which I don’t really need. I’d rather they just keep covering the fight

As for the mid fight tweets, i thought it was a thing for crowdless events only but they are doing it for the PPV's too so it seems like they are sticking with it. It's honestly a bit fucking weird but not something i pay much attention to unless the commentators are reacting to the tweets, which happens sometimes.

Apparently not. There have been some terrible ones. I personally liked the "Walk off KO" tweet of Lewis on Blaydes. Yeah. That was totally a walk off....
It totally was a walk off. Lewis just forgot to walk it off. Blaydes was deaded

We are the casuals compared to the Twitter commenters that's why they get screentime and "omg khabib is goat and saviour" doesn't

Who the fuck is that Ryan Frederick guy whose tweets always pop up? Dana's cousin?
He’s a self-proclaimed MMA journalist who covers the UFC for a pro wrestling web site. No clue how this guy’s tweets are always shown first, ahead of better established reporters and even fighters. Wouldn’t be shocked if you were right and he had some kind of inside connection.

They need to get rid of tweets. It’s 100% pointless and adds nothing.
They need to stop censoring fighters. This isn’t North Korea.
UFC should drop ESPN IMO , but sadly it helps “legitimize” the sport.

They need to get rid of tweets. It’s 100% pointless and adds nothing.
They need to stop censoring fighters. This isn’t North Korea.
UFC should drop ESPN IMO , but sadly it helps “legitimize” the sport.

Nothing more hilarious than a present day ignoramus who just awoke to the fact that obscene language has been censored on television since its inception, and likens it to their completely dim perception of a country ruled by a dictatorship.

Yeah, man. You've suffered so much. Carry on, brother.

Nothing more hilarious than a present day ignoramus who just awoke to the fact that obscene language has been censored on television since its inception, and likens it to their completely dim perception of a country ruled by a dictatorship.

If it’s a PPV, it should not be censored.

Yeah I don't care for the tweets. I love Steve-O but I really don't give a shit what he thinks of the fights when I'm watching them. Gambling lines I'm ok with.

These fights are not airing on cable TV, they're airing on ESPN+ which is a separate paid subscription.

Last fight night they were not censoring single obscenities but entire sentences which made it impossible to tell what the athletes were talking about. It was too much.

Back