Why bellator fights are so boring

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get it it seems bellator produces the most boring fights of the major organizations, is it the format of the cage? The average lower level of competition and bad match ups? Elaborate on that sherbros

Last edited:
I mean, the UFC fighters are no strangers to putting on some god awful fights themselves.
It happens but not to the same level, just watch the prelims of their past show, that was awful and i don't think thats a one off... Thats seems to be the norm

I don't get it it seems bellator produces the most boring fights of the major organizations, is it the format of the cage? The average lower level of competition and bad match ups? Elaborate on that sherbros
What did you think was more entertaining? Yoel vs Davis, or Izzy vs Yoel?

Idk man it's hard for me to get into mma without seeing Dana in the background. What's the point in watching mma if Dana isn't there? Dana literally invented mma and pretty much all martial arts. UFC is the biggest and best show on the planet and no matter how shit their cards are, I will watch and pretend to care because I love Dana and the UFC. UFC = MMA.

Because Coker is stupid sometimes and signs guys like Danny Sabatello, Islam Mamedov, Rustam Khabilov, Sidney Outlaw, Josh Hill, Valentin Moldavsky, Fabian Edwards and Mike Shipman who are some of the most absurdly boring fighters in the world who routinely stink cards out.

Idk man it's hard for me to get into mma without seeing Dana in the background. What's the point in watching mma if Dana isn't there? Dana literally invented mma and pretty much all martial arts. UFC is the biggest and best show on the planet and no matter how shit their cards are, I will watch and pretend to care because I love Dana and the UFC. UFC = MMA.
Yes i started training ufc because i want to look like Dana

Dunno but it true, last bellator card I had to force myself to watch the undercards till davis and romero
Its defenetly true, i don't know if thats because they put on too many pro debut fights but its strange, seems like the bellator fighters don't wanna be there

Don't forget Dana invented the internet and is working on 6G as well.

the most exciting fighters in UFC in any weightclass if you matched them up with Phil Davis it would be absoutley horrific and would stink the place out, Davis is unwatchable for me personally, his fights are so bad and he is very happy to hold on for dear life for 29-28 or 48-47 scores, I avoid his fights like the plague

the most exciting fighters in UFC in any weightclass if you matched them up with Phil Davis it would be absoutley horrific and would stink the place out, Davis is unwatchable for me personally, his fights are so bad and he is very happy to hold on for dear life for 29-28 or 48-47 scores, I avoid his fights like the plague
This is mma not "Fun fighting" so I don't see what the problem is. If the UFC was the home of the best they would retain great fighters regardless of how "boring" they are. UFC has no credibility when they let top guys walk for lack of excitement. There's no way we can claim the UFC is the big leagues if they don't have the best fighters.

Part of it is bias. I notice people tend to be preconditioned to hate on Bellator because of the sentiment on forums like this one and r/MMA. For example in the reddit thread people whined about the pacing over and over again when it literally had the same pacing (1 fight per 30 minutes of broadcast time, if a fight ends quickly they have to fill time) as the UFC card that just ended.

That being said it's not all bias. Part of it is the big, round cage. At 35 feet it's 5 feet bigger then the big UFC cage and 10 feet bigger then the smaller, Apex one. Part of it is the fact their roster is weighted towards less exciting fighters. The reason why that's the case is that UFC builds it's roster around excitement which means the divisions are very striker heavy. Bellator doesn't have this luxury so in order to collect world class talent sometimes they need to look at guys with less exciting styles. It's this reason amongst others I regularly encourage people to re-imagine what being the dominant brand in the space truly means.

I thought the card on Saturday was pretty decent myself, I don't really get why people are saying it sucked tbh. Yoel/Davis had 2 good rounds, Gracie should have been matched tougher but he got an over matched opponent out of there quickly, Bennett/Lara wasn't the highest level but was decent action, Georgi/Rogers had it's moments and Ben Parish had one of the biggest upsets of the year. Not card of the year, but not the worst either.

This is mma not "Fun fighting" so I don't see what the problem is. If the UFC was the home of the best they would retain great fighters regardless of how "boring" they are. UFC has no credibility when they let top guys walk for lack of excitement. There's no way we can claim the UFC is the big leagues if they don't have the best fighters.
I am replying to the thread on TS asking why Bellator fights are boring and I gave a clear answer lol

I have this weird feeling with Bellator that nothing really matter much. Maybe it is bias, since the UFC feels more important.

Back