Rong Zhu is just 21...

"Is this where they have the famous tiger exhibit?"

"No, this is the..."

vTP1eIQ.gif

Fights since 2016
Nothing Rong with being a pro fighter at 16 in China.

He is Chinese, he could be 35 and still look 21, or the government could change his birth date to make him look younger

He does look older than 21 though, especially compared to other young prospects like Erick Silva
1616384331Zhu_Rong.jpg

You know Tim Sylvia lied about his age when he joined the UFC....

He's bang average, at present. He lost to a bang average guy last time out, and this time he needed 3 rounds almost to take out a journeyman.

Fights since 2016
Nothing Rong with being a pro fighter at 16 in China.
from a boxing perspective:
That’s pretty common in the americas as well… a few of decorated teen amatuers from the US fly over to mexico to get their first few pro fights at age 16. Devin Haney did it for example. Antonio margarito debuted at 16.
Paciaou’s pro debut was at 16 in the Philippines too.

the youngest champion in boxing history was in the USA. Wilfred Benitez, at age 17 won the lineal world championship in boxing after being undefeated for 26 pro fights. All his high school friends were in the front row cheering him on. And that was in the late 70s, not some pre world war shit.

I went to the wrong zoo one time. This dude with a bleached mullet tried to sell me his CD while inviting me back to his trailer. Holding the tiger Cubs was cool though

Back