UFC 266 is STACKED with top talent

Its ok for a PPV. Too much WMMA.

I get Diaz being back is a big deal for a lot of people but I just don't really care. I think both guys are going to look old and slow.

There are several fights I am interested in but I wont be buying the PPV. At 70 bucks I usually dont anymore though.

-Ortega/Volk is obviously huge
-Shevchenko/Murphy is just an obligatory sacrifice to the Just Bleed gods so they bestow upon us a bountiful harvest
-Nick/Robbie is interesting just so we can see how Nick looks, but there aren't a lot of long term implications.
-Blaydes/Roze is a big fight. Both have been splattered by Ngannou, but if Blaydes wins, he's a potential opponent for Gane if he gets the belt.
-Andrade/Calvillo is meaningless crap that belongs on the prelims
-Moraes/Dvalishvili is good, as we'll learn whether Marlon's completely washed or not or if Merab's a serious top contender.
-Is Hooker/Haqparast even happening?
-I have little faith that Shamil actually makes it to the octagon, but if he does, the fight will be a good gauge to see where Daukaus is.
-Turner/Medic could be fun. Turner gets knockouts and Medic, while early, certainly passes the eye test.
-The rest is crap

Total card: 7/10

Last edited:
https://m.sherdog.com/events/matches/UFC-266-Volkanovski-vs-Ortega-89141

This entire line up has future contenders and top contenders. From bottom to top. It’s been a while but every single fight on this card is must watch. I’ve also got a ton of bets for this one I’m going for the jackpot
<{silvanormal}>

i've been thirsty for high level mma for what seems like 2 months now. I'm glad we're getting back to legit PPVs with legit champions. The last PPV was like 6 weeks ago and it was headlined by a fake title fight.

Next three cards are really good. This is promising.

Its ok for a PPV. Too much WMMA.

I get Diaz being back is a big deal for a lot of people but I just don't really care. I think both guys are going to look old and slow.

There are several fights I am interested in but I wont be buying the PPV. At 70 bucks I usually dont anymore though.

I hope it's not a typical Diaz performance where, instead of fighting, he just taunts the whole time while losing a safe decision. Then his fans act like he's so cool because he taunted.

Diaz is main event for me, not gonna bother watching volanaski pitter pattering again

The UFC has been putting on really good PPVs lately and even if the Fight Nights are lacking names, the matchups are usually exceptional, resulting in entertaining cards.

When you stack your PPVs, the FNs are going to feature less names. I prefer it that way. The bigger names should be on PPVs.

I hope it's not a typical Diaz performance where, instead of fighting, he just taunts the whole time while losing a safe decision. Then his fans act like he's so cool because he taunted.

"Diaz is such a badass!!!"

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F9756ab185e346d0eaa4d54e8915ef8ab.png

-Ortega/Volk is obviously huge
-Shevchenko/Murphy is just an obligatory sacrifice to the Just Bleed gods so they bestow upon us a bountiful harvest
-Nick/Robbie is interesting just so we can see how Nick looks, but there aren't a lot of long term implications
-Blaydes/Roze is a big fight. Both have been splattered by Ngannou, but if Blaydes wins, he's a potential opponent for Gane if he gets the belt.
-Andrade/Calvillo is meaningless crap that belongs on the prelims
-Moraes/Dvalishvili is good, as we'll learn whether Marlon's completely washed or not or if Merab's a serious top contender.
-Is Hooker/Haqparast even happening?
-I have little faith that Shamil actually makes it to the octagon, but if he does, the fight will be a good gauge to see where Daukaus is.
-Turner/Medic could be fun. Turner gets knockouts and Medic, while early, certainly passes the eye test
-The rest is crap

Total card-7/10
There may not be title implications for Nick and Robbie, but if Nick looks good there are at least some fun fights for him. Masvidal obviously, Burns maybe, Nick could even take a MW fight with guys like Till being an option. Interesting possibilities anyway.

The UFC has been putting on really good PPVs lately and even if the Fight Nights are lacking names, the matchups are usually exceptional, resulting in entertaining cards.

When you stack your PPVs, the FNs are going to feature less names. I prefer it that way. The bigger names should be on PPVs.
Amen. It's just a shame that the ufc is dying

I agree. Hopefully they bang like UFC 47. That was a fun fight.

100%

I agree. Hopefully they bang like UFC 47. That was a fun fight.

I can't say I have high hopes for that though. Robbie's been phoning it in for the last 2-3 years and I can't remember if the UFC even had a women's division the last time Nick Diaz was in the cage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back