Glad arroyo got koed

This shoulda been ruled a No Contest. Can't win via KO (groin strike) so I don't get how you can win via KO (punch to back of head).

same here. i have no sympathy for point fighting scums

This shoulda been ruled a No Contest. Can't win via KO (groin strike) so I don't get how you can win via KO (punch to back of head).

When I throw a punch at an opponent that is facing me, I can't control what my opponent does in the time that it takes for my punch to reach his head.

Yeah there is no way to determine that he planned to hit him in the back of his head when dude's head kinda went forward.

Same here
He doesn't belong in the UFC.

He went from a fighter that doesn't know how to use his reach advantage to a hesitant do nothing fighter waiting for that 1 big knockout strike.

He's not fighting to win.
He's fighting not to lose.

Problem is that there is plenty of space on the head that is legal to strike so it's accepted.
Yea it has to stay a level finish bc if they overrule it everytime it happens giysbwill just turn their backs every punch and try to get a DQ when they're losing

Problem is that there is plenty of space on the head that is legal to strike so it's accepted.
That ain't the reason it's accepted. There's plenty of space on the body that is legal to strike, but that doesn't prevent people from not accepting groin strikes. People accept it because we reluctantly agree that hitting on the back of the head should be illegal for safety reasons. Meanwhile groin strikes are something no one wants to be legal lol.

Yeah it's accepted but if we're being fair, it shouldn't be. Had Buckley not landed that strike he shouldn't have landed, the fight woulda gone on. Arroyo mighta won even.

Yeah there is no way to determine that he planned to hit him in the back of his head when dude's head kinda went forward.
That aint the point. It doesnt need to be planned. Groin strikes arent assumed to be planned either but fight still gets halted. If any foul is suspected of being planned, they're liable to being disqualified. I aint calling for disqualification, just NC

He was looking like the Brazilian Luke Rockhold in there. Fighting style, build and frame.

How do you determine what strikes should or shouldn't land? He threw a punch at the guy's head.
How are you to determine what strikes should or shouldn't land? Random Fighter X threw a kick at the guy's body (but hit the groin).

They're no different.

How are you to determine what strikes should or shouldn't land? Random Fighter X threw a kick at the guy's body (but hit the groin).

They're no different.

But the way to describe that isn't to say something should or shouldn't land. The fighters have no control over that.

Buckley isnt much better. Big muscles and throws hooks until opponent dies

Back