Where did Vitor Belfort's aggression come from

TheBulge

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
One of if not the most ferocious MMA fighters of all time. But why? He had an upper middle class upbringing and a nice childhood, no? You'd think because of the tragedy of his sister, but he was already murdering people from the start.

ouqn4rpssg901.gif

Follow up shots were in his nature, more important than the KO shot itself. Even on a corpse like Jon Hess. He's broken the back of countless skulls.

nxv5LO.gif

Absolutely no mercy, even for an elderly man:
FondMasculineClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

A happy guy who always had it all in life. I don't know how he'd turn into that once the bell rings. So much anger and brutality.

You’d have to ask the Brazilians who know Vitor early history of being an honorary gracie. Being an honorary gracie family member is something Vitor always had to live up to and had hanging over him, no easy task.

Vitor-KO-Bisping.gif

Took his fucking eye and never gave it back to him. No mercy at all. Doesn't even think about this for a second while it has consumed Bisping's life. Belfort sleep like a baby though.
Since my last post was deleted for fighter bashing I'll reword it, Mike has a constant reminder of that fight (partial blindness) while Vitor sleeps well because despite loving jesus and being deeply, genuinely, religious he doesn't seem to care much about his fellow man, be it blinding someone or knocking out a former legend/borderline pensioner. He seems nice overall though.
Good enough?

People can say the same about BJ. Some people are just different. You can even look back in history at Royals. They have money and living well already but some just had an aggressive nature. Don't think money is a key difference in how aggressive someone fights. That deals more with individual mentality. Even with poor people today, you have some trying to fight their way out of poverty and others accepting it. It's the individual mind state that makes the difference.

It does affect people though once they get money and stop training or become focused on other things like family. Like what happened to Conor and other people that start a family during their fighting career. The focus goes off on their training and they tend to soften up because they go into parenting mode mentally. Their focus and mentality shifts and some lose that killer instinct in a fight. They get worried about their health more and will give up easier since they are focused on the affects of health and damage and how it will affect their family. I think Conor's situation is a mix of money and family that affected his fighting style and career. He reached his goals and got a ton of money and started a family. That would affect most people and have them training less, and it would shift their mentality and focus.

Last edited:
Since my last post was deleted for fighter bashing I'll reword it, Mike has a constant reminder of that fight (partial blindness) while Vitor sleeps well because despite loving jesus and being deeply, genuinely, religious he doesn't seem to care much about his fellow man, be it blinding someone or knocking out a former legend/borderline pensioner. He seems nice overall though.
Good enough?

Mike is a genuinely bad person.

Vitor is a genuinely good person.

In that fight, good defeated evil. The evil is still suffering from it.

All is good in the universe.

he's a posh boy with a bully mentality
there'a reason this guy is considered a two minute fighter
he's a complete front runner and would always fold once he faced any adversity
Exactly while I love Vitor being a Savage for 25/20 minutes like prime Ferguson and Lawler is something else

Back