Ortega 2.0 is a myth

Eric Silva 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Holloway took it out of him. He looked better against KZ because Zombie isn't at that level. I didn't like what I saw out of Ortega and think the narrative of new and improved is B.S. created by UFC announcers/marketing. Am I missing something?

Brian-Ortega-Instagram.jpg

Ortega had a choice keep the hair and get the women :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Go bald and win a few fights :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's not a myth, you can clearly see the massive improvement in Ortega striking. But whether that's enough to beat volkanovski is another question.
I think it's going to be enough to stun and hurt volk in to panickng to it down and getting caught in a sub.

I think it's going to be enough to stun and hurt volk in to panickng to it down and getting caught in a sub.

Certainly possible as ortega has a nack for pulling finishes out of his ass, but i think it's more likely that, if this fight hits the mat, it's with Volk on top and ortega too crunched up against the cage to have space for subs while Volk beats the shit out of him.

Ortega has obviously improved. When he was on his run to the title shot he would be losing every fight until he pulled a finish out of his ass. And this was against fighters not on KZ's level. The KZ fight is the first I've actually been impressed with his performance.

What do you mean that Zombie is "not at that level"?

Alternatively, who else had ever thoroughly outstruck Zombie for 5 rounds?

Certainly not Aldo, for starters.
Dan Ige, Zombie resorted to the takedowns

Not a myth at all. He went away cand came back better. Kudos to him.

Now let's see what he can do against Volkenoughski.

Why do Sherbros just talk out of their ass?

Yeah, you're missing something indeed. The fact that he actually has a striking coach now and a whole new team. Rener Gracie is the only one he kept around. He took a long time off to focus on rounding out his skillset.

He was definitely improved against KZ

The Max fight was brutal, but one war when you're that young and fresh isn't gonna make you washed forever lol

I am always suspect about his training but he got so far with just a garage boxing coach with no experience and training with Akido turned MMA amateur fighters.

Back