Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

"Raphael Assunção hasn't fought since June 2020, when he was knocked out by Cody Garbrandt, but he already has a date set for his return to the UFC. The Brazilian bantamweight (under 61kg) will face Ricky Simón on a card on December 18, still without a defined venue. The information was published by the Dutch website “ MMA DNA ”"

"Raphael Assunção had two fights scheduled after his last engagement, but an accident and covid-19 took him out of the duel with Raoni Barcelos, in February. Then, in July, he would face Kyler Phillips, but an injury to his left bicep made him withdraw from the fight. The fighter from Pernambuco had to undergo surgery after that."

"Ricky Simón, with a record of 18 wins and three losses, is going through an opposite moment to the Brazilian. The American fighter won his last three fights, against Ray Borg, Gaetano Pirrelo and Brian Kelleher, the latter at featherweight"

Full story here: https://ge.globo.com/combate/notici...suncao-enfrenta-ricky-simon-em-dezembro.ghtml

Simon by decision. I believe Assuncao is well out of his prime now otherwise I'd pick him.

Simon takes it and ascends a tiny bit up the ladder I guess.

Raphael via choke

f8cff42efb88dee45a6be935de549a78.gif

Prime Assuncao would annihilate Ricky but right now he's just too past it. Good argument to make that Assuncao is the best fighter to never fight for a belt

Assuncao is a tough vet but i don't know if he can keep up with Simon's pace. Should be interesting.

Prime Assuncao would annihilate Ricky but right now he's just too past it. Good argument to make that Assuncao is the best fighter to never fight for a belt

It's Joseph Benavidez

Big step up for Simon, I really hope he’s ready this time I enjoy watching his high pressure style.

Reactions: Gio
Hell I'd only have him 3rd in the bw division alone behind Lineker and Rivera.
And that's not looking at guys who are in the mix right now like Sandhagen and font.

I was going to pick Assuncao but saw he's almost 40 so I don't think he'll be able to keep up Simon get the w.

stylistically this one would favor Assuncao a lot, but he's very old now and simon can really push a pace.

Assuncao, close poll though.

Back